Chapter 5

The weekend ended in a blur of fun and gatherings. From bonfire parties to family dinners, I had such a great time. But now it's  Monday again, a day we all dread.

I had my usual morning routine of playing tug of war with my mom and the bed. I was the rope. My mom and the bed were at war. My mom won, again. I got up and dressed, had breakfast, bid my parents farewell and got on the bus. Plugging in my earphones and leaning my head against the window, I tried to force my eyes to stay open the whole ride to school. I successfully made it without falling asleep and then headed straight to the lockers where I know Taylor and Andrew would be waiting for me.

"Hey guys," I mumbled before yawning and opening my locker to grab my books.

"Hey Jas, what's up with you?" Taylor asked, seeming just as wide awake as Andrew. In their defence, they drink a whole gallon of coffee every morning.

"I had a family dinner yesterday and I couldn't sleep early," I replied, leaving out the part of staying up all night talking to Elijah. I'm planning on telling them about that app after school.

"You really should start having caffeine in the morning, it helps," Andrew said with a shrug.

"Thanks but I'll stick to keeping my face buried under cold water in the sink for a couple of minutes every morning," we all chuckled before heading to our first class.

***

I don't know how I managed to stay awake throughout the whole day but I did it! Lunch was the highlight of the day, obviously, and thanks to PE the last hour, I am fully alert right now. Our coach made sure of that. She hated lazy and sleepy students and she rarely let anyone skip her class unless they had a convincing report from the doctor of some kind of injury or disease.

Taylor and Andrew were coming back to my house to study. Fortunately, we weren't assigned a ton of homework and no exams until next week. My mom came to pick us up and we went straight to my bedroom once we arrived.

"I really don't feel like studying for the mid-year exams. They're usually the hardest," Taylor said as she plopped down on my bed with a pout.

"At least you can ace every exam without opening a book, unlike myself" Andrew groaned as he got comfortable on my desk chair.

"On the bright side, we're so close to finishing our senior year. It only felt like we started school yesterday," I said with a warm smile on my face as I recalled our memories.

"After the exams we should really start preparing for prom. I overheard groups of students already planning everything out." Taylor has always been looking forward to prom and it's no surprise that she brought it up now.

"Well then I'll have to find a decent way to ask the both of you out," Andrew chuckled and winked as we laughed.

Throughout studying, I heard my phone buzz somewhere in the room. I was looking around for it before my gaze settled on Taylor holding the phone in her hand with a raised eyebrow. I can see the amusement in her eyes though. I'm guessing that text was from Elijah.

"Care to share," she smirked as she handed me back my phone. Andrew looked between the two us with a confused expression.

The message was simple "Hey, how was school? Was I on your mind all day? ;)"
Now whoever read the message would think we were a thing but in reality we just became too comfortable with each other to the point of flirting and teasing.

Taylor was still looking at me, her arms crossed over her chest and Andrew just waited for one of us to explain, so I did. I told them everything, from when I overheard the two girls in the bathroom discussing the app til the progress that happened between Elijah and I. Andrew kept shooting overprotective remarks and glances since I was considered like a sister to him while Taylor kept squealing at every word I uttered.

"How come you've been keeping this from me?" She asked pouting.

"From us," he corrected with a frown.

"Because it was nothing important," I shrugged.

"Well I better get more details when this dork is gone," Taylor whispered in my ear making Andrew deepen his frown.

***

We decided to have dinner at McDonald's tonight, so that is where we went. We ordered our food then sat down at a table by the windows. We just chatted for a while until Andrew had to use the restroom. I then got up to grab our food while Taylor stayed at the table to reserve our spot.

On my way to the bar, too focused on a loose string in my sweater, I bumped into something that felt a lot like a wall but turned out being a solid chest that was now covered with McDonald's coca cola. Yup, I spilled his drink...

"Oh my God I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I-" I instantly shut up when I saw who the person was.

"It's you again..." Flashbacks of the bonfire replayed in my head, especially the scene where I bumped into the guy facing me.

"You really seem to have something for my chest and you're not too happy about it," he said with a chuckle.

The fact that he was joking after I ruined his shirt made me smile slightly and feel less guilty.

"No, it's just that... well, I don't know..." I sighed softly as I couldn't help but remember Elijah's sense of humor at this point.

"If it's about the shirt, don't worry. I needed a new one anyways," he said with a soft smile.

I bit my lip and looked at him. Guess it's now or never... "Hey, what is your-" Once again, I was interrupted half way through by his friends walking up to him to see what's the matter.

"Hey I have to go now before I become all sticky. Again, don't worry about it, okay? Nice seeing you again though. Hopefully our next encounter will be less...bumpy," he winked and left.

I groaned softly before grabbing the food and walking back to the table which now had Andrew back at it.

"What took you so long?" Taylor asked me.

I just shook my head and took a bite of my burger, looking out the window at him getting in the car with his friends and driving away, taking with him my second chance of confirming my doubts.

***

Me: Hey there.

Elijah: Hey.

Me: How was your night?

I was still contemplating whether or not to bring up the whole "I keep bumping into a guy that reminds me of you" incident.

Elijah: Well, it was quite... eventful. Yours?

Me: You have no idea...

I just decided to drop it. Maybe I'll manage to come chest-to-face with the guy again. This time I'll make sure not to part ways before receiving an answer...

~~~

Hello wonderful people!
I'm back again with the 5th chapter.  I'm thinking about having an "Elijah's POV" chapter soon. What do you think?

Don't be a silent reader, vote and comment!
Much Love <3