Chapter 20.1

I wish some nights lasted forever. It's amazing how you prepare for a specific event for months and it ends in just a couple of hours. For instance, my senior year concludes in 3 hours with a magical night called prom.

Some people wish that school would end before it even started. Some would look forward to growing up and finishing their senior year so that they wouldn't have to stay imprisoned in the school building for almost half a day, everyday. I was one of those people. But, as I grew up, I realized that school was and is always going to be the easiest journey in our life. That is where we make friends, learn about the wonders of the world and find ourselves. That is where we grow up, surrounded with our second family, in our second home. This might be a cliche saying but it is true, school is our second home for we spend most of our childhood and adolescence there.

All this hit me hard right at this moment, while I stood in front of my full-length mirror, wearing my prom dress and staring at myself. It only feels like yesterday that my four year old self stepped foot into school for the first time. Now, here I am, getting ready to say goodbye to all the memories I made and people I met for the last 14 years. It's amazing isn't it? How sometimes we never know the value of a moment until it becomes a mere memory.

Honestly, one of the most bittersweet feelings in life is when you realize how much you're going to miss a moment while you're still living it. But life has to go on and right now, so do I. Because if I don't, I'll be late and my friends will have my head.

I gave myself one last glance in the mirror, admiring the beautiful burgundy prom dress I had on. It had thin straps with a plunging v-neck, perfectly fitting my upper body and not revealing too much skin. On the bottom, the dress continued in a ruffled skirt, short from the front and stopping above my knees, long from the back and reaching the floor. I matched it with nude strap sandals and a nude clutch. For jewelry I kept it simple: a thin gold bracelet around my left wrist, a gold necklace and some studs for earrings. I removed the dinosaur pendant for the night but kept it safely hidden in one of my jewlery boxes. Finally, I left my hair loose and in its natural waves around my shoulders while my makeup was at its lightest.

I took a deep breath and made my way downstairs just as the doorbell rang, signaling Elijah's arrival

Now let me tell you something. Elijah on normal casual days was breathtakingly good looking. But Elijah in a tux, don't even get me started. He was wearing black pants , black shoes and a white button up shirt. What struck me the most was the burgundy jacket he had on top, perfectly matching my dress. I was more than one hundred percent sure that Taylor told him the color of my dress. In my defense, I told Andrew her dress color too so I wasn't even mad.

I walked up to my handsome boyfriend and wrapped my arms around his neck

"Someone's looking good in a suit." I grin and peck his lips.

"Someone's looking more ravishing than usual in that dress. Red huh? Wonderful choice, princess." He chuckles and kisses my forehead making me melt.

"And before I forget, here's your corsage. I only asked for your dress color to get a matching one. But then I thought why not add some red to my outfit." He smiles and slowly slides the corsage around my wrist before kissing my hand gently.

" He smiles and slowly slides the corsage around my wrist before kissing my hand gently

We were interrupted by my parents who told us to pose for a picture. We spent about ten minutes taking pictures before we decided to leave so that we wouldn't be late. I kissed and hugged my parents goodbye then left with Elijah, ready to have the night of my life.

~~~

Hello wonderful people!
I honestly have no idea where to start from. It's been AGES since I last logged into this account and wrote a decent chapter (which explains why this one is so short).
But I promised myself I would finish this book and I am here to fulfil this promise.
I'm not going to post as often as I used to, considering exam week is next weekbut I will try my best during winter break.
Other than that, PROM CHAPTERS ARE FINALLY HERE! Who's excited???

Don't be a silent reader, vote and comment!
Much love <3