Chapter 19

"I'm so nervous! What if I mess up? Or say something wrong? Or trip and fall straight onto my face? What if I talk too much? Or too little? What if they don't like me? Or I don't like them? WHAT IF A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE DECIDES TO TAKE PLACE RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT? OR EVEN AN ALIEN INVASION? I'LL BE DOOMED!"

"You read way too many fantasy books, Jas."

"You should be reassuring me that everything will be fine instead of mocking me like that!"

"That's what I've been doing for the past hour! You were just too busy creating awful scenarios in your head! You're killing me!" Taylor said in frustration as she plopped down on my bed.

"Don't give up on me!" I whined and jumped on the bed beside her.

"You give me no other choice..." with that, she closed her eyes, tilting her head to the side as her body became motionless.

"I hate you." I groaned and started hitting her with a pillow repeatedly. "Now stop acting because I need someone to do my makeup. Unless you're too busy playing pretend then I'll just have to do it myself."

At that, Taylor sat up almost instantly and shook her head quickly, "oh no, I'm not repeating the same mistake of leaving you alone with makeup. Do you even know what each product is used for?"

"Baby steps Taylor, baby steps. Now I'm going to get dressed. Think of a motivating speech to give me in the mean time. No pressure."

"I have one now. Wanna hear it?" I nodded my head yes.

"Don't fuck up. And I know that you will IF YOU KEEP STALLING! Go get dressed!"

I threw the pillow at her one last time before making a run for it into the bathroom and locking the door.

They say that if you're lucky enough to find a weirdo, never let them go. In this case, I'm either more than lucky or just cursed. Yah, just cursed it is.

***

After trying on every outfit in my closet and whining about how I have nothing to wear, I finally emerged out of the bathroom with the final result. I didn't want to wear something too revealing, of course, nor did I go for a very casual or sporty look. I kept it cute, comfortable and simple.

I was wearing white skinny jeans with rips on each knee. For the top, I chose a striped baby blue and white off the shoulder blouse. To add a pop of color to the outfit, I wore a pair of red wedges, accompanied with a matching red cross-body bag. Taylor then helped me curl my hair in a way to keep it looking natural and pretty. My makeup was very simple and barely noticeable, just how I liked it.

"Okay remember: do not fuck up

"Okay remember: do not fuck up. Your life depends on this moment! It's a do or die situation! Clear?"

"Taylor, you have two seconds to get out of my face before your situation becomes a do or die one!" She just laughed and pulled me into a hug.