Alex Imagine #1

Alex P.O.V.

'Of course I knew it would only be a matter of time before she would die. One thing i didn't know, is that it would be so confusing and possibly soon. How can I even sit here and watch her die? What could I do? What should I do?' I thought to myself while sitting in a hospital chair next to Y/n's hospital bed. 'Y/n is so beautiful when she sleeps. How will I fall asleep without her? What will I do without her?' I think to myself.

 I snap out of my daze, as the hospital room door opens. The nurse walks in to talk to me about what is happening even though I already know. "She has a disease, sir. It's called Pulmonary Hypertension, it means that the arteries in her lungs are to small and have problems. For instance, she has a shortage of breath, she could become dizzy, has a lot of pressure on her chest, has a fast heart rate, and her airways are narrow and stiff. This is why she always has problems. Of course, I already assume you know, since you are her boyfriend, but I am obligated to tell you." The nurse says frowning. "Yea, I already know. By the way, you forgot two things." I say frowning and squeezing Y/n's hand tighter. "What is that sir?" The nurse asks confused. "You forgot to mention that it is a rare disease and that only 200,000 people in the U.S. has it. Not to mention that this disease makes her legs swell sometimes." I say as a tear creeps down my cheek. The nurse nods and walks out of the room, she looks like she seen a ghost.

I watch Y/n and her eyes flicker open. 'What is gonna happen when I can't see those beautiful e/c eyes, glow when they look at me.' I think as I quickly wipe my tear. "Hey beautiful, I'm glad you are awake." I say kissing her hand. "Yea, me too." Y/n says trying to stretch her arms, causing my hand to slip away from hers. "Alex, it hurts to breath." Y/n says putting her arms back down by her sides. "Just remember what the doctor told you, the new lungs will be coming in tomorrow. You can go to surgery and then we can do anything you want to do." I say clasping her hand again. "Alex, I love you so much, but it still hurts." Y/n says with a tear coming out of her eye. 'What if I never get to help her stop crying again?' I think to myself. 'No, stop saying that she is gonna make it, and then you can propose like you wanted to do.' I think to myself. "Don't cry Y/n, you can do this. If you survived David for this long, nothing can destroy you." I say looking at her H/l h/c hair. 'What if I never get to push her hair behind her ears again?' I think to myself. Y/n giggled at what I said and then said, "I guess you are right. I love you so much Alex. When we get out of here." Y/n paused to take a sharp breath, and in the breath she wheezed. "When we get out of here, I will personally make sure that everything you want in life will happen." Y/n says smiling. "I love you too, Y/n.  How are you feeling?" I ask her smiling. "Weak." She says starting to frown again. She wheezes for the second time. 

The doctor walks in and closes the door softly behind him. "There is a few things we should probably discuss." Dr. Jefferson says walking to the bed. Y/n and I both put our attention on him. "The lungs didn't make it. Not only that, but you might not make it past the night Ms. Y/L/N. Don't get me wrong you may, but all signs are point to death. Your heart rate is sky high and your breathing is only getting worse and worse. If I were you, I would call up my family and friends and get any last things done." Dr. Jefferson says looking at Y/n. "What are my chances of making it through the night?" Y/n asks with tears pouring out of her eyes. "Maybe a 15% chance." The doctor says.

After the doctor left the room, Y/n continued to cry. "Hey, they don't know that you are going to die. Doctors say that people are going to die all the time and they live." I say trying to calm her down. "Alex, just call our friends." Y/n says laying down on her side away from me. "Anything for you beautiful, I love you." I say standing up and pulling my phone out of my pocket.

After calling, David, Scotty, Kristen, Liza, Jason, Carly, Erin, Zane, Heath, Matt, Gabby, Toddy, and Corrina, sat back down next to Y/n. "Alex, if I don't." Y/n wheezes. "If I don't make it through the night, it is okay to move on. You can't stay dwelling forever, and I want you to be happy." Y/n says with another wheeze at the end. "Don't worry about me right now. The point is, that I love you and this dumb disease can't take us apart." I say crying as well. 'Could it take us apart?' I think to myself.

Time Skip

3:27 A.M.

'The hours go by so fast. How fast can time move? Do I want time to go fast or slow? I want it fast because I want her to see sunlight again, but what if she doesn't make it then I want it to be slow. What do I want? I want her to be fine, healthy, and strong.' I think to myself. 'How can she sleep at a time like this?' I think to myself. "Alex?" I hear Y/n say. "Yes, beautiful?" I ask her. "My legs are swollen, can you massage them?" she asks me quietly as she begins to sit up. I walk over to the bed and begin massaging her legs softly. "How do you feel right now?" I ask her with puffy eyes and a broken voice from crying. "Weak." She says in a sleepy and raspy voice followed by a loud wheeze. It's now quiet and the only sound in the room is the heart monitor beeping, that I am now looking at for the first time since 1:00 A.M. and her heart rate definitely went up by a lot. 'She hasn't even been moving, how can this be?' I think to myself. I look at the clock and it's already 3:36 A.M. I kiss her cheek and she smiles at me. Then I hear a loud wheeze and then a straight sounding beep from the heart machine. I stand up and run into the lobby to get a nurse.

Time skip

I stand outside of the door pacing back and forth and then I hear, "Time of death." That is all I heard, and that was all it took for my life to be ruined and destroyed. I sat down on the floor with my knees to my face and cried, maybe even screamed. All I know now is that I lost her, and she lost the battle. All it took was one disease, Pulmonary Hypertension.

Word Count:1,234

Thank you for reading, and thanks for the suggestion