Chapter 4

Kates POV

I wake up and go downstairs. Mikey, Dk, and Jake are downstairs.
"Mike is Tyler ok?"
"Hes got a concussion and bruised rib."
"Are you?"
"I have a slight concussion. Not much." I nod and go to the kitchen. I make waffles and then put peanut butter on it and eat it like that. I scroll through snap while I eat. I get a snap from both Mikey and Dk.
They both took a picture of my ass. Such boys. I shake my head and clean up. I go upstairs and get dressed for the day. I put on a camo crop top and nike pro leggings with nike shoes. I grabbed my Kate Spade bag and went downstairs.

I went to the mall and went shopping for bathing suits

I went to the mall and went shopping for bathing suits. I ended getting more shoes at the same time. I left the mall and went back home to start getting ready for my date with dk. I curled my hair and did very simple makeup.
I wore a mid thigh black dress with rose gold heels. I put on a pearl necklace and grabbed a light pink purse.

I went downstairs to be greeted by Jake and Dk

I went downstairs to be greeted by Jake and Dk. Dk is wearing a nice button up shirt and dress pants with dress shoes. We both smiled at each other and we left. We went to a really fancy restaurant.
"For Dakota Miller" Dk said as we walked in.
"Right this way." We walked behind the guy and Dk had his hand on my lower back. (AN: Rn im just imagining Dk in a dress shirt and pants with dress shoes. And oh my lawd. Sinning) we sat down and I ordered an unsweet tea and Dk ordered Coca Cola.
"So Dakota" he laughed and shook his head.
"Please dont call me that."
"Why its sexier sounding"
"But my name is Dk"
"Well your real name is actually Dakota Miller" he just looked at me shaking his head.
"You're a pain in the ass" he said laughing.
"Just like Jake" he nodded in agreeance laughing. We talked the rest of the time there.
Even while we were eating. We talked about our life and his football career.

He paid and we left. We went to seaside and see Mikeys M4. We walk up the boardwalk and look for him. I spot him. He looks over and spots us. He walks over to us looking confused.
"Why you so dressed up at seaside?"
"I forgot i was wearing this and we just left a fancy ass restaurant" I explained.
"Ok so Kate would you want to go on a date with me tomorrow night? Dress casual." Mikey asked.
"Yea sure" he nodded and walked away. Dk and I walked back. He seemed sorta upset. We soon got to the car.
"Dk what's wrong"
"Nothing" we were at the passenger side of the car. I grabbed his shirt which caused him to look at me. He pinned me against the car kissing me. The kiss lasted a really long time. When we pulled away we were both out of breath. He opened the door for me and helped me into the car. He closed the door once i was in and went over to the driver side. It's weird when someone else is driving your car. We got back home and went our separate ways. I told Apple everything and im sure he told Jake. Tonight just made it harder to pick.
"Breakfast tomorrow?" Dk asked peeking his head in my door. I was already in my pjs. I lifted my arm up and he came in my room hugging me. I pulled him onto my bed and we cuddled. We soon went on our phones.
"Im bouta post on ig" i looked to him. He nodded.

Liked by mamamanfs, jakedufner, tylermanfre and 5,381 others

Katedufner: 🤓

Dkmoneyy: what woah 😎
Mamamanfs: looking gorgeous kate
Jakedufner: sissy ugly. Jk ily
Mikeymanfs: Cute nerd 💀
Tylermanfre: Ok best😍💗
Dufnerfan: Mom 😍
Tannerfox: Hottie 😍🤤 forget manfs and dk come to me bbg
Katedufner: jakedufner you're ugly. Jk ily2
Tylermanfre: tannerfox we dont want you here. Leave.

"Tanner Fox really?"
"What you think I text him?" He just looked at me. I sat up and just looked at me.
"You dont believe me?" Dk shook his head. I pointed to the door and laid down.
"Im kidding I believed you." He had a big smile as he bear hugged me. He kissed my cheek and I rolled over to face him. He left a gentle kiss on my lips and laid there with me. I heard a loud exhaust pull up. I get up and look at my window. Mikey is here. Dk Jake and I went downstairs. Mikey walked in. He looked crazy.
"Mike you good" Jake said walking up to him. Apple came downstairs and pulled me back upstairs incase something bad happened. Dk and Mikey somehow started yelling at each other. It made me start crying. It was my fault that the two were once friends and are now fighting over me.
"Guys stop fighting. You think Kate wants to hear let alone see that?" They looked up at me and i got up and ran to my room.

MIKEYS POV

"Guys stop fighting. You think Kate wants to hear let alone see that?" Jake yelled to us. We looked up and Kate goes running into her room. I immediately knew I fucked up. I looked down. Dk walked up to me and we bro hugged it out.
"I think we need to stop going for her we're just confusing her" he said.
"I just like her so much" I looked at him.
"I do too but id rather see her happy other than stuck in the middle and confused" I nodded and we went upstairs. Jake was talking to her.
"I like both of them so much and I don't know who to pick. They both make me happy Jake. This all was just a mistake. I shouldn't have agreed to this cause now its fucking up their friendship and I dont want to to be the reason they stop being friends." Kate said. She was crying. Dk and I both walked in.
"I know Mikey has always liked you and I know you've always liked Mikey. You two belong together" Dk said looking between the two of us. Kate just looked between the two of us.
"I cant be with either of you" she said looking down. Dk bent down infront of her. He whispered something to her. She just kept nodding.

DKS POV

"You and Mikey deserve each other. You know the quote. If you love someone let them go. Im letting you two be together. I can always find someone who is as sweet and beautiful as you. Please dont not go to Mikey because of me. Ill back off from you some. I want you to be happy and if you're happy ill be happy so please just be with him. Itll make me happy. I promise" I said. She nodded here and there. I helped her up and she gave Jake and I a hug.
"Can I talk to Mikey alone?" Jake and I nodded and walked out.

KATES POV

"What did he say?"
"That if I'm happy he'll be happy and he can always end up finding another girl." Mikey came up to me. He put his hand on my cheek and the back of my neck and kissed me.
"So will you Kate Dufner be my girlfriend?"
"I would love to" i said smiling from ear to ear. He kissed me again. I told Jake and Dk they can go to bed. That everything is ok. Im happy with Mikey but I really started to like Dk. Ill see what happens with Mikey I guess.

~~~~~~
1307