Chapter 3: A Beacon Of Hope

A/N: A good thing is that I'm making these chapters longer and longer, eh? As always, leave a review on what you liked and disliked.

   It took them another whole day to reach the location where the airship was, but they'd finally made it.

After Tyrian, they didn't run into anymore interference except for the occasional small Grimm. During their travels, Qrow took the opportunity to explain things about Remnant that Jonathan should know, like the existence of Faunus, Dust, semblances, Aura, and the training academies that taught young men and women how to fight the creatures of Grimm.

Qrow didn't inform JoJo of Salem though, he thought it was best if he let Ozpin do that. Jonathan, however, was amazed at the existence of all this, especially the advanced technology. In England, the most advanced form of transportation were horse drawn carriages and locomotives, but on Remnant, machines like airships and automobiles were the norm.

As they were nearing their destination, JoJo was being told about the White Fang and why he should avoid them. 

"But why does their cause exist in the first place?" JoJo asked curiously. 

"Well, how can I say this, kid? There are some people in the world that can be worse than the Grimm. Evil people, that treat the Faunus as animals instead of people, get it?"

"I believe so, I just don't see why these Faunus aren't being treated as equals, what does it matter if they're a little different?" Jonathan stated. Qrow clapped him on the back, "At least you see it the right way, that's all that matters for now."

"You said these White Fang members are getting more extreme?" Jonathan asked. Qrow nodded gravely, "That's right. They used to be better, fighting with peaceful protests, but since their leadership changed, they've gotten violent. Especially in the Vale area."

"Well then, I'll be sure to avoid them."

Qrow chuckled, "Might not be that easy, kid."

"Is that the airship?" JoJo pointed at a large, grey heap of metal. "That's it. Hope you don't get airsick."

"I wouldn't know, I've never traveled by air," Jonathan smiled eagerly. 

"Oh boy," Qrow thought to himself. "So, how long should it take to get there?" Jonathan asked. "Not long, a few hours maybe," Qrow shrugged, "Come on, I'd rather get to Beacon sooner than later."

Jonathan followed Qrow to the docking ramp. There was a bit of trouble getting on, but Qrow only showed the captain his scroll, and the captain let them pass. 

"What'd you show the captain to allow us to pass?" Jonathan asked. 

"A letter on my scroll from the headmaster of Beacon. Same guy that told me about you being here," Qrow replied as they took their seats. 

"So what's Beacon like?" Jonathan asked curiously.

Qrow looked at him with kind eyes and a grin, "Nice school, it's where my sister and I learned to be Huntsmen. In fact, my two nieces are attending as well."

"Sounds splendid," JoJo smiled, then his expression turned to a serious one,"...are your nieces the daughters of that woman, Summer Rose?"

Qrow looked at him, amazed that he figured it out that quickly.
"Only one of em, actually, Ruby. My other niece, Yang, is my sister's daughter," Qrow explained. 

JoJo nodded in understanding and gazed out of the airship's window. The ocean below him was a deep blue. 

"This airship is amazing, I never thought I'd be able to fly like a bird." JoJo grinned.
Qrow looked at him, blinked, then laughed to himself.