Chapter 4: Classes

In the industrial region the City of Vale, a teenage girl with green hair, dark skin, and red eyes and a boy with grey hair, eyes, and clothing were walking into a large warehouse filled with White Fang members. 

The White Fang were all loading and unloading crates filled with Dust into the warehouse.
The boy and girl approached an older man dressed in a white dress coat, simple black slacks, and a black and red bowler hat. He held a cane by his side with a lit cigar between his fingers, and his red hair covered most of one side of his face. 

"Look, she sent the kids again!" he mock exclaimed, then wrapped an arm around each of the teenagers. "This is turning out just like the divorce."

"Ugh, spare us the thought of you procreating," the girl said as she untangled herself from the man's grip. 

"That was a joke," the man said, then held up a slip of paper as he walked towards a table with a briefcase on it. 

"And this, just might tell me where you've been all day," he said as he turned to face them. 

"What?" the green haired girl said as she checked her pockets. The man apparently snuck it off her person. 

"I'm a professional, sweetheart. Pay attention, maybe you might learn something," he said smugly, then inspected the paper. 

"Why do you have this address?" he demanded.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" the girl replied, stepping closer to the bowler hat wearing man. 

"Uh yeah, I would. Now, where have you been all day?" he asked. 

"Cleaning up your problems. One of them, at least." the grey haired boy stated. 

"I had that under control," the man replied, almost through gritted teeth. 

"Two packed bags and a ticket out of Vale say otherwise," the boy replied. 

"Listen, you little punk, if it were up to me I'd take you and your little street rat friend here and-" the man threatened.

"Do what, Roman?" a new voice said from behind the two teenagers. 

Atop a raised platform, stood a woman with long black hair swept over one shoulder wearing a red dress with yellow designs on the sleeves. 

As the lift she stepped on lowered to their level, the man now known as Roman chuckled nervously.
"I'd uh...not kill them?" he said, trying to save himself. 

"Cinder!" the green haired girl exclaimed happily. As she walked towards Cinder, trying to go in for a hug, Cinder simply ignored her and went straight to Roman. 

"Haven't I made it clear that you would eliminate the would be runway?" Cinder asked as she approached Roman. 

"I was going to..." Roman replied nervously. 

"He was going to escape to Vacuo. Mercury and I decided to take it upon ourselves to kill the rat," the green haired girl interjected. 

"I think he was some sort of cat, actually," Mercury noted. 

"What, like a puma?" the girl joked. 

"Yeah, there you go," Mercury smirked. 

"Quiet," Cinder ordered, "Did I not specifically ask you two to keep your hands clean while we were in Vale?"

"I...just thought-" the girl placed a hand on her own head. 

"Don't think. Obey." Cinder told them, all the while Roman was making faces and "slitting" his own throat with his index finger.