chapter five

We were at sea once again, following the avatar as he rode his bison through the sky with his friends. For un unknown reason, they were heading towards Fire Nation land.

"Sailing through Fire Nation waters, of all the foolish things you've done in your 16 years, this is the most foolish, Prince Zuko!" Iroh lectured his nephew, as he was spying through our telescope, watching the avatar.

"I don't have a choice, uncle." Zuko talked back.

"Have you completely forgotten that the Fire Lord banished you? What if you're caught?" Iroh yelled at Zuko. He barely does, but this time he had a reason to.

"I'm chasing the avatar! My father will understand why i'm returning home." Zuko definitely missed being at home. So did i, but this was not the reason to go back. If he was caught, bad things would happen.

"You give him too much credit, Zuko. Iroh's brother is not the understanding type." I sided with the general.

Zuko ignored us and continued looking through the telescope.

"There they are. Helsman, full steam ahead," Zuko ordered when the avatar was in his sight again.

The ship's catapult rised from the lower level and onto the surface.

Iron began to fan his face, "Really, Prince Zuko, couldn't you shoot them down with something more fragrant?"

'Or don't shoot them at all.' I spoke to myself, knowing it wasn't the right time to say it out loud.

A rock was placed into the catapult, Zuko setting it on fire as one of the crew members prepared to launch it.

"Fire!" Zuko commanded.

The rock of fire flew into the sky, heading towards Appa and the kids. I prayed it would miss, and the team would get out of this alive. The last thing i wanted was to harm the bison, since i'm a lover of animals. Zuko always compared me to his mother because of that trait.

Thankfully, Appa dodged the flaming rock and i was relieved.

"A blockade!" Iroh called out. We all took a closer look and noticed there were ships lined up in the water. A feeling i had told me it was Commander Zhao's doing.

"Technically you're still in Earth Kingdom waters, turn back now and they cannot arrest you." I informed Zuko, hoping he would listen.

"The avatar isn't turning around!"

"Please, Prince Zuko! If the Fire Nation captures you, there is nothing i can do." Iroh begged.

"I'm sorry, but i'm not turning back. Run the blockade!" Zuko directed.

Dozens of flaming rocks came from the blockade, probably meant to take down the avatar. Somehow they managed to avoid all of them, making it through.

"Holy!" I expressed.

One of the rocks landed on our ship, right into the engines.

"Prince Zuko, The engines are damaged! We must stop and make repairs!" One of the captains cried out.

"Zuko, stop the ship!" I requested, not wanting anyone to get hurt.

"Do not stop this ship!" Zuko growled.

"I can't believe you!" I screamed.

This is hurting me a lot, i can't deny it. I think it's time to really do something about this, but i'll wait for the right moment.

"It's Zhao! those ships are under his command." Iroh told the crew.

I looked up at the sky, noticing Aang finally made it and has crossed into the Fire Nation. Curiosity built over me, i needed to know what his intentions were.