chapter eleven

We were on our way to the North Pole. The other day we heard a rumour that there were airbenders at the Northern Air Temple, Aang becoming excited immediately. We checked the place out, only to find out that nonbenders have been living there instead, and they've been creating inventions similar to the glider that makes it look like they're airbending. Aang was disappointed, and we eventually had to keep moving.

"I'm not one to complain, but can't Appa fly any higher?" Sokka groaned as Appa flew over the water, slightly splashing with his toes.

"You always complain, Sokka." I retaliated, putting on my robe specifically for cold weather since it was getting cooler by the minute.

"I have an idea! Why don't we all get on your back, and you can fly us to the North Pole!" Aang leaped into the saddle where Katara, Sokka and I were seated, poiting his finger at Sokka.

"I'd love to!" Sokka got on all fours. "Get on, everyone! I'm ready for takeoff."

As a joke, I quickly hopped onto Sokka's back, Momo jumping onto my head. He let out yelp and pushed me off, indicating that i was too heavy.

Aang bursted into laughter. "See, It's harder than it looks, Sokka." Aang returned to Appa's head and grabbed onto his bridle.

"Okay, we're all a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight." Katara described, moving strands of hair out her face.

"And for what? We don't even know where the Northern-."

Appa let out a grunt and zoomed a bit higher into the air, making the three of us lose our balance and fall into the saddle roughly.

"What's going on?" Katara cried out, holding onto the saddle with her arms as her legs were in the air.

Suddenly a giant iceberg erupted from the sea, hitting Appa and causing him to start spinning. We all held onto the bison tightly so no one would fall out. We landed onto a block of ice and I looked at my surroundings. Boats were approaching us with Watertribers aboard, canoeing with waterbending.

"They're waterbenders." Katara pointed out.

"We found the Watertribe!" Aang exclaimed.

"Are you the avatar?" One of the waterbenders questioned, noticing Aang's tattoos.

"Yes, I am."

"Follow us, then."

The waterbenders began to move the block of ice we were still on, treating it like a boat. They directed us towards the Northen Watertribe, pushing us ahead as they quickly followed.

"We're here, look!" Sokka called out, gesturing towards a bridge made out of ice, with the water symbol engraved into it. The entire place looked like a castle, and i was in awe.

As we entered through the main arch, i looked above me and acknowledged hundres of waterbenders, all standing on the towers above us, some were waterbending, making more engravings into the ice around us. The waterbenders who found us earlier were now in front of us, leading us further into the tribe. We began waving at the citizens, as wide smiles formed on their faces once they glanced over at us.

A pretty girl with white hair in a fancy boat sailed across from us, Sokka immediately looking over at her, a blush on his face and hearts in his eyes.

"Wow, this place is beautiful." Katara expressed, impressed by the scenery.

"Yeah, she is." Sokka looked back at the girl, giving us signs that it was love at first sight.

~

We were all sitting at our tables in the main hall, which was right in the middle of the tribe. There was a stage in front of us, waterbenders performing and doing some tricks. Sokka was staring at the girl with white hair, we found out her name was Yue. I glanced over at Appa, seeing some kind
waterbenders feeding him.