chapter twenty-nine

The gang and i have come across something new and terrifying. A very built man with a metal arm ambushed us. The scary thing is, he could firebend with his mind, sending bolts of explosion our way and attempting to kill us. I've never seen such a rare skill, and it really surprised me as we all found out it was possible. Luckily we managed to escape, Aang especially helped distract him and we prepared Appa for take off. However, a part of me doesn't think he's gone for good.

Avatar Roku has called Aang into the spirit world, to help him understand his past life, and the reasoning behind his death. Because of school, i already knew that Avatar Roku and Firelord Sozin had history together and were once friends, but according to Aang, Sozin left Roku to die in the volcano eruption. I can't even imagine what it was like, and knowing at your dying breath that someone was going to destroy the world and its harmony. Aang decided to look at the experience differently, and he stated that friendships could last more than one lifetime, and everyone is capable of good or evil.

Aang was currently training with Katara and Toph. The earthbender made him wear a blindfold which forces him to feel the vibrations of their attacks, instead of viewing them with his eyes.

"Good job, twinkle-toes." Toph praised Aang when he dodged her rock, but unfortunately it happened to hit Katara, making her stumble. "Visualize, then attack!"

"Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph!" Katara growled as she stood back up.

"What's the matter? Can't handle dirt, madam fussy britches?"

Something snapped in Katara, then she sent a giant wave of water over at Toph, soaking her.

"Sorry, did i splash you, mud slug?" She mocked as Toph's eyebrows furrowed.

"Am i missing something? Where is this tension coming from?" I called out to the two of them, but was ignored.

"Are we taking a break?" Aang questioned once he realized the attacks weren't directed to him anymore. I looked in his direction and noticed Sokka was behind him, running up to him and screaming.

"Sneak attack!"

Aang quickly turned around and used earthbending to build a wall, causing Sokka to smash his body into it.

"Sokka, sneak attacks don't work if you yell it out loud." Aang shook his head, then got rid of his wall, making Sokka fall to the grass as it disappeared back into the ground.

Meanwhile, Katara and Toph were having a catfight in the mud.

"Hungry for a mud pie?" Toph kicked the mud into Katara's face, making her squeal.

"Guys!" Aang gathered their attention as he, Sokka and I joined the scene. "We're supposed to be training me."

"Very well, pupil. We've had enough training for today." Katara wiped some of the mud off of her clothing and walked away.

"While Katara cleans up, let's go have some fun!" Toph suggested as she ran up to the three of us.

"Yes!"

"Yeah!"

"Let's do it!"

~

"Look at all of those messenger hawks!" Sokka acknowledged a shop in town that contained a whole flock of messenger birds. "You know, i've been thinking about getting one for myself. That way, i wouldn't have to talk to anyone! I would just send them messages."

"I gotta say, i like the idea of not having to talk to you." Toph teased him.

Sokka glared back at Toph as she only blushed in return.