chapter thirty-six

hi again! sorry for these recent authors notes that i've been adding into a couple of chapters, but i just want to announce that for the celebration of an iconic game's thirteen-year anniversary, i will be writing a bully; scholarship edition fanfic!! fire & lightning is coming to an end, and i can't wait to start something new that i've actually been thinking about for a while now. if you've never played or heard of bully, you're missing out! it's one of rockstars best works. be sure to check out the first chapter that i just uploaded and see if you'll be interested! much love :)

~

"Oh no, they've been caught." I stated as alarming bells began to ring, indicating that Chit Sang and his friends were found in the boiling lake. A few guards went towards their direction, attempting to bring them back.

"Nevermind that, my dad just came out of that gondola!" Sokka quietly cheered as Hakoda stepped out of the gondala and stood in line along with the other war prisoners.

"Welcome to the Boiling Rock." My uncle approached the prisoners with an intimidating look on his face. "I'm sure you've all heard the horrible rumours about our little island. Well, i just want to tell you that they don't have to be true as long as you do everything i say."

He made his way towards Hakoda, then stopped once he realized that unlike the rest of the prisoners, he was avoiding eye contact and staring at the ground. "Look me in the eye when i'm talking to you."

"I don't think it's safe for us to be standing here, they'll see us at any moment." Suki informed us, and i nodded my head in agreement.

"Sokka, you can get closer, but we need to move." Zuko told the water colonist disguised as a guard, then pulled me and Suki out of sight.

~

"Are you comfortable, Chit Sang?"

"If you're trying to get me to talk, forget it! I'm not a squealer."

"I know you and your cronies are not smart enough to come up with that plan by yourselves. So, you're gonna tell me who is."

~

"Mo, are you there?" Sokka called out to me from the outside of my cell.

"Yeah, i'm here." I answered him and walked up to the door so we could communicate better.

"I talked to my dad and we came up with an escape plan together. I just told Zuko about it, then once i see Suki we'll figure out the perfect timing to get it started."

"Well, tell me more about it."

"We're going to need a big distraction. Make sure to meet up with everyone in the yard in an hour."

"Hey, what are you doing?" I heard the deep voice of a guard in the distance, indicating that someone has approached Sokka.

"Oh, i was just telling this dirty lowlife what i think of her!" Sokka came up with an excuse, then i prayed that he would be left alone.

"You'll have to do that later, she's coming with us." The guard revealed, making me lift an eyebrow out of confusion.

"Why?" Sokka wondered.

"Because we have orders straight from the warden, that's why!" A second female guard argued with Sokka, not giving him an answer.

"Oh, okay." Sokka gave up, then everyone went silent for a couple of seconds. The door to my cell opened and revealed the two guards, then they took a hold of my arms and dragged me out, and directed me to move forward.