chapter twenty-three

"Where were you? We were all so worried!"

"You just took off and disappeared for a whole day!"

"Wait, I thought I saw you out in the middle ring? Could've been someone else, I guess."

"Guys, relax. She's strong and independent. She can do whatever she wants. I knew she'd come back."

"Don't worry about me, I just needed a day to myself. Nothing bad happened, I promise." I convinced them, but it didn't seem to work for Katara.

"You have some explaining to do."

"No, she doesn't. She's her own person, maybe she just needed to clear her head."

"Yeah, I did. Important thing is, i'm still in one piece. Also, I had a good time."

"What did you do? I'm suddenly intrigued."

"Just found a cool restaurant and walked around the city." I kept my story short. "But, what about you guys? What happened at that party? What's Ba Sing Se's secret?"

"Sit down, Motoko. It's quite the tale."

~

Sokka, Toph and I were currently hanging out in the living room, chatting casually and making some jokes. Momo was playing with Toph's feet, being fascinated ever time she moved them as if he were a kitten. Sokka was working on a missing poster for Appa, drawing him and filling his description in hopes that someone will recognize him and lead us into his direction. I was on the side, sharpening my sword and tapping my foot against the wooden floor.

"Hey!" Aang and Katara bolted towards us from the front door of our house. "We found a printer for Appa's posters!" Katara held up a piece of paper that contained a very accurate picture of Appa, it was certainly better than's Sokka's drawings.

"I thought I was designing the posters!" Sokka was disappointed. "I've been working all day on this one." He then held up his 'masterpiece' which in reality, looked like a small child drew it.

"Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head."

"This is his head!"

"Why are feet coming out of it?"

"Those are his horns! I haven't seen him in a while, okay?"

"It looks just like him to me." Toph sarcastically commented, despite the fact she's blind.

"Thank you, I worked so hard on it... Wait, why do you feel the need to do that?" Sokka caught on, making me giggle.

"Let's just stick to the professional version." I suggested with a smirk on my face, receiving an angered look from Sokka.

"Fine!" He ripped up his drawing aggressively.

"Calm down, you know you're fun to tease."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

"Well, let's get busy!" Aang grabbed about 100 or more posters of Appa out of his bag, signalling us to help him hang them up around the city.

~

"So, you're the genius behind this incredible brew! The whole city is buzzing about you. I hope you're paid well."

"Good tea is its own reward."

"But, it doesn't have to be the only reward. How would you like to have your own tea shop?"

"M-my own tea shop? This is a dream come true!"