chapter twenty-five

"Mo, wake up!" A familiar voice awakened me. I felt like i just slept for a thousand years.

"What happened? Where are we?" I panicked, quickly getting up. I couldn't explain where we were, but there were hundreds of crystals surrounding the area. The more i observed, the place looked like a large cave.

"Mai, Azula and Ty Lee knocked me out, they would've gotten you too but you were already in a weak state and dozed off. I don't know why they're here, or why they're disguised as kiyoshi warriors. It's actually terrifying." Katara worriedly filled me in on what i missed out on.

"Do you know where we are exactly? What is this place?" I further questioned.

"I don't know, i'm guessing it's some kind of prison that they threw us in."

"I don't see Momo anywhere."

"He's not with us, i think he flew away. Hopefully he warned someone."

"So, what do we do?"

"I don't know what there is to do at this point. They took my bending water, and your sword."

"Well, that's just great. I don't want to get a new one." I sighed and walked in a circle, thinking about the possibility of getting my weapon back.

The opening to the cave above us opened up, startling us both. A Dai Li agent's silhouette could be seen, and another one came out from behind him.

"You've got more company." One of them spoke with a rough voice, then shoved someone down the hole. That person let out a howl as they tumbled down, then landed at my feet. He moved his face, and the signature scar i knew too well revealed who it was.

"Zuko!" Katara and I echoed. A small smile spread across my face, then I looked over at Katara and noticed an angry frown formed on hers.

Zuko looked up at the two of us with his signature awkward look. I wasn't sure if i wanted to kneel down and kiss him, or stay by my friend's side. My thoughts were interrupted when Zuko beat me to it. He instantly stood up and wrapped his long, muscular arms around me. I hugged him back because it felt good. We slightly pulled away and were about to share a smooch, but Katara loudly coughed which made us freeze in the moment.

"You lied to me."

"What?" I didn't understand Zuko's sudden statement. "What did i say?"

"You said you were here alone. Why couldn't you be honest and say you were all here in Ba Sing Se together?"

"Really? Because i didn't know if you were still after my friends or not. Since they're my family now, i'm not going to let anyone harm them. Are you stupid?" I ranted to my annoying lover as Katara let out a scoff.

"Am i supposed to believe that this guy has changed?" Katara was picking up on the conversation.

Neither of us answered, but i was expecting Zuko to say something about that.

"Why did they throw you in here?" Katara continued. "Let me guess, it's a trap! So when Aang shows up to help us you can finally have him all to yourself!"

Zuko's eyes widened, then he flipped around. Katara and I were now facing his back.

"What about the tea shop and the apartment? I assumed you and Iroh were here to start over." I added with a softer tone than Katara's.

"No, you're a terrible person, you know that Zuko? Always following us and trying to capture the world's last hope for peace." Katara was raging at this point, stomping her feet. "Oh, what do you care? You're the Fire Lord's son. Spreading war, violence and hatred is in your blood."