Chapter 9

Andy's P.O.V

Anger is boiling in my veins. I punch the rough, cold brick walling in the guys locker room. Scooping up my bag and equipment, I storm out of that goddamn school, and towards my car.

I pop the trunk and throw my stuff inside. Hearing a high pitch voice calling my name, I get into my car and rev the engine.

Then, I speed out of the parking lot, and down the road. Not wanting to go home, I decide to drive around for a bit.

Before I know it, I am parked in front of Emmara's apartment building.

I turn off my car, but don't get out. Sitting there in silence, my mind is racing with too many thoughts.

"AAAAAAGGHHHH!!" My fist violently pound on the steering wheel of my Black Mustang.

Breathes come sharp and fast making my lungs burn. My head silently hits the leather cover of the steering wheel with a smack, but instead of withering, I lay there basking in the pain.

When I finally look up, I watch as Johnathon walks slowly down the long, narrow steps. He looks like a lost and conflicted puppy. I don't say anything, just sit in the stillness of my car.

He finally makes it to his truck. I watch with sorrow as one of my best friends cries his eyes out.

Once he is finally gone, I step out and walk hushed up the stairs.

I stand still, wondering if I should even really be here. I lift my hand up to knock, but lower it in confliction.

"Don't worry, she's home." I jump at the old, rugged voice that came from the elder man standing in his door frame. "I saw her when she got home. She looked awfully sad. What a shame."

He pulled himself back into the small apartment and closed the door. Closing my eyes, I breathe in deeply. Cold autumn air fills my lungs, and bites at my exposed skin. My eyes open and I knock three swift, loud knocks.

1,2,3 minutes go by and still nothing. I knock one last time, waiting a minute.

When I barge in the house, I have to pull off my jacket because of the warm temperature. I glance at the thermostat, and gasp when I see it is up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. I shake my head, but don't touch it.

Finally, I make a bee line for Alexia's bedroom. I open the door expecting to see my beautiful daughter laying in her small, toddler bed. Instead the room is empty, and surprisingly a lot colder than the rest of the house. I'd guess 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

Assuming my daughter is in Emmara's room, I head there next. I reach for the door knob, but decide to knock at least once. I give one harsh, strong knock before proceeding to open the door.

Again, the first thing I recognize is the temperature. It was so much more drastic then Alexia's.

What I see next leaves me speechless.

Emmara is on the floor with tear streaked cheeks, knotted hair, and heavy eyes. I rush over to her small, pained frame and throw her over my tall, slender shoulder.

I walk over to the queen sized bed, and pull back the grey comforter. I place her slump body on the cold sheet.

With quick movements, I cover up her shivering frame with the heavy piece of fabric. She was shivering horribly, and me being me, I didn't know what to do.

Finally, I start to shake her gently. "Emmara," I whisper into her ear. "please wake up. You need to wake up right now."

Something flashes in my mind, and I put my pointer and middle finger on her neck, right under her jaw. I look at the watch on my wrist and count that beats as one minute passes by. For once, something they taught us in gym came in handy.

"Shit!" I start to panic. "What the fuck!! Emmara, you need to wake up now!!"

Her heart beats where only 87 beats per minute. (Go ahead and look up the average beats per minute for an 18 year old female.)

I start to shake her faster and harder. Still nothing. Her body is absolutely still.

I reach for her hand, but immediately pull back when I grasp her finger tips. They felt like fresh icicles.

"What the actual fuck!! It is like a motherfucking sauna in her! Why are you so cold? Emmara wake up right FUCKING NOW!!" I'm panicking at this point.

I shake her violently until I here a faint groan. I stop and stare down at her with expectations.

"Emmara," I start to talk to her slowly. "Wake up. Come on... Please."

Nothing, she doesn't move a muscle. I couldn't help the small tear that fell from my eye. What was I suppose to do!!?? I have loved Emmara since we were small children, and our parents would make us play together. I never minded, but I couldn't let her know that!

I grab her limp body and bring it up to me. I hold her in my strong grasp, close to my body.

Gently I run my fingers through her hair in a comforting motion. Her body goes a bit stiff, my hands stop dead in their tracks.

I push back a bit to look at her face, her eyes look strained as they try to open.

Very slowly, they flutter open.

"Andy.... What are you doing here?" She tries to get up, but falls back into my arms.

I don't answer, without thinking I move her so I can kiss her.

I smash my lips into hers and move my body to hover over hers.

She doesn't move, just lays there perfectly still.

"We can't do this Andy.." She whispers after gently pushing me away.

"Yes, we can Emmara." I say, my lips leaving small kisses down her dainty neck.

Without warning, I smash my lips into hers, but this time she kissed me back.

She reaches for my black t-shirt, but I beat her to it, ripping it off.

My hands skim the edge of her little white tank top, the only thing keeping out skins from molding together.

She takes the thin fabric and pulls it over her head. She pushes me off to the side, and before I have the audacity to complain, she is on top of me kissing the living shit out of me.

I'm guessing you know what happened next.....

HIIIIII!! How was it?? I really hope you guys enjoyed it!