Chapter 10

Emmara's P.O.V

My eyes open gently, and I look around the room. With a quick stretch, I get up and out of bed. I shiver as the air around me touches my naked silhouette. I rush over to the bathroom, and pull the door closed behind me.

My feet immediately take me to the sink. I stare at my face in the mirror. I take in my appearance, my vibrant green eyes covered by the mop of brown hair on top of my head. My high cheekbones, and small pointed nose. I just stare with curious eyes, not making judgment.

I shake my head, closing my eyes tight. I turn the faucet as cold as it can get, sweeping my hair into a messy bun.

I take the water in my two palms and bring it to my face. The cool liquid splashes everywhere, running down my bare chest. I grab the towel off the small ring hanging by the counter. I pat my face dry before heaving a heavy sigh.

Finally, I walk out of the bathroom and straight to my dresser. I grab up my undies, then I grab some loose sweats and a tank.

I grab the jumble of clothes and head back to the bathroom. I set the mess of clothing on the short marble counter. Heading over to the shower, I grab my toothbrush and face wash. Finally, I turn on the faucet and let the burning water engulf my small body. I stand under the showerhead for a moment before grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste.

After doing everything in the shower, I exit and grab the fluffy white towel that hung behind the door. Before doing anything else, I connect my phone to a speaker and turn on some music. I march lazily over to the mirror, running my hand over its foggy surface. I smile at my refreshed reflection.

Walking out of the bathroom, I sing along to "No Limit" by G-Eazy. I throw the towel in my dirty hamper basket and head into the kitchen. A smile spreads across my face as the smell of coffee fills my nostrils. I grab a cup and pour myself a big serving of coffee making sure to leave enough room for my sugary creamer. I take a small sip and let the warm liquid coat my mouth.

"Mmm.." I moan out as the taste fills my taste buds.

"I heard that plenty of times last night, but definitely didn't think I would hear it this early in the morning." Andy lets out a low chuckle when I jump.

I turn around with a swift motion, spilling the hot coffee onto my hands.

"Oww!!" I set the coffee cup down on the counter and rush over to the sink, turning the water all the way cold.

Andy rushes over and grabs my shaking arm, steadying it. I let out a deep breath as the cold water washes over my burning flesh. My eyes wander to Andy's large hand which still steadies my much smaller, arm. I let my eyes trail up his muscular arm, after reaching his bicep I finally realize that he is very much shirtless. We finally make eye contact, as I take my arm out from under the water. I look down and rush over to the other side of the kitchen where I dry off my arm gently, with a small towel. I study my blistered arm, trying to avoid the prodding eyes that watching my every move.

Allowing my eyes to look over in his direction, our eyes lock as he moves closer my way. Every second he gets closer and closer, until there is no more space left between us to fill. One of his hands wraps around my waist while the other carefully tips my chin upward. He stares into my eyes for a moment, looking for any sign of resentment. Finally, his lips meet mine, and despite my brain yelling at me to push him away and run as far away as I possibly can. Instead, I stay put, the only movement I make is moving my lips against his, letting my hands trail up and down his chest. One of my hands escape from their position on his chest and move to his hair. I grip his hair in my hands, feeling the silkiness glide against my fingers.

We break apart at the sound of the phone ringing. I look at the time, and flip.

"Uggh, I forgot..." I pick up the phone and hear Romona's voice fill my ears.

"WHERE ARE YOU!? YOUR DAUGHTER IS FLIPPING SHIT!" 

Wow.. It's been a hoooooot minute since I've posted. I'm so incredibly sorry, but I'm back and I am going to try to balance school with my writing because writing really does make me happy, along with all of you. Thank you so much to all the people that have stuck it out from the very beginning, I love all of you and hope that you will continue to read and grow with my. Okay, that's all for now. XX