Ruining libraries wow

Next thing I knew I had a knife in my arm and- wait, maybe I should back up.

       Lin and I stood in front of the old library, not sure what we would find once we went in. We prepared for what was ahead and entered. As soon as we walked in I was amazed by the scenery. The red wood walls and the extremely reflective marble floor were breathtaking. The roof had to be at least 30 feet high with a massive chandelier in the middle. Everywhere had bookshelves and they were almost ceiling height. Lin looks at me letting me know this is definitely a trap. Nobody was around.

       We started heading to what looked like the middle and saw a blonde middle aged lady sitting in the help center. "Hello there, welcome to this Library! How may I help you young one?" Her cheerful voice sent a very soothing tone, a sense she cared for us. I wasn't sure what to say, "We are here to look for an entrance to a underground maze, this is where a centaur sent us."

I look at Lin who looked uncomfortable and told the lady, "We are here for a school project. We are learning about Greek Mythology and, more specifically, the Labyrinth. Do you have anything about it?" The lady behind the desk smiled in a way I found familiar. She was definitely a monster, and as I went to pull out my sword and try to attack, Lin's arm shot out and grabbed mine. We looked at each other and Lin mouthed the words "Trust me." I let go of the sword and the lady stood up and told us in the calming voice, "Follow me, right this way!"

       We went through countless of sections until at the very back we came across a wall with books labeled: "Greek Mythology."  As we looked through the books for, honestly I had no clue what, the lady stood behind watching us. It was too suspicious what she was doing and the urge to run before something would happen was unbearable. "So Basia, how would you like to pay for what your cousin has done or would you carry out the deed for me." A shock was sent up my spine when the voice went through my ears, I turn to where Lin should  have been but he was on the other side of the wall still looking at books. As soon as I fully turned around I didn't se the Lady, but a Centaur.

       "Y-you're a centaur...?" Of course, I shouldn't have been shocked, but I didn't know that female Centaurs were a thing. "Uhm, correction, sweetie, I'm a Centauride. God no one ever calls us by what we are called and- ah don't get me started on how many- stay on topic, Adrie, stay on topic." Adrie stops talking to herself and looks at me. "Young boy, come with me without force, I would hate to hurt you in anyway. At least not anymore than I have to."

        I wasn't sure what to do, she could clearly easily kill me, I look at Lin who was still on the far side and a plan came to me. I leap backwards grabbing the bookshelf and pulling it down causing a loud crashing sound. It wasn't until after I realized how stupid my plan was, especially since the book case landed on me. Lin confusingly looked over. I crawl out from under and feel two hands grab me and lift me by the shirt. "Oh boy, you ruined the library. Oh... Looks like it runs in the family, doesn't it?" Her voice with enraged and as soon as Lin was running calling for me, I was stabbed in the arm and went unconscious.

       When I woke up I was in a dark room tied to a chair and the Adrie the Centauride was standing in front of me with an expression I couldn't make out. "Now, I will not kill you unless you listen to this and help me. I am not an enemy, I just want revenge towards your cousin, Notashino. Let me open your eyes to her past and what she did." she takes a breath and opens me to a world of unknown.

       "When that wretched- when Notashino was 9 she came to this very library. A sweet innocent girl wanting a book about magic. I thought everyone should be able to grab a book sit down and be filled with imagination. I pointed in the direction of the magic books and within 12 minutes there was people running and screaming, smoke filled the air and the last person alive to emerge from the fire was her. The innocent girl now had a face of realization and flames burned in her eyes without looking at them. When I tried approaching her, she did this to me."

       She turns to the side and on the horse half, a cut almost the whole length of the gut. "I vowed to get revenge on her, and now you will do it for me. Make her feel the burn she cause here, or die." She finally came in view to hear my answer clearly.

      What was I suppose to say? I was at a lost. Finally I finally got courage to tell her, "I-I'll do it. I'll make her feel the pain that she caused on you." Inside I was crying, hoping for something to prove that it won't kill Tashi. Maybe, if I wait long enough it'll all go away, and I stuck with that since.
She smiled gleefully, "All right then." She turns the light on, "Out this way, and you better fulfill you promise." she pushes me out and I was in the library, I walk out with her behind me. Suddenly, out of no where I hear a scream come from above, "DON'T TOUCH MY FAMILY, DAMMIT!" Tashi slams down on Adrie with a knife in the Centauride's back. Lin comes out from behind me throwing a shield he must have found directly at Adrie's eyes completely disabling her.

         In her last breath's she said to me: "Don't fail me."