Freed

Penelope's Perspective

---------Before Khione-------

       "Uhh, Lin? Why is the turtle glowing?" I was freaked out by Joe's right eye glowing, but Kyla and Lin both looked at me dumbfounded.

       "Well Pel, I can't tell you, because I have no clue either," Kyla told me before Lin chipped in saying,

      "Maybe cause we are here? It's like right there."

       Up ahead on another cloud stood a castle that was empty by the look of it. Lin reminded us that we had to be cautious and we landed at the bottom with complete silence. During the ride here, the nectar had healed me practically completely. We walk into the castle that was abandoned, it was so quiet. That was until we heard a shout that came from the other side of the left wall.

       "ATROCIOUS BEAST I'LL BEHEAD YOU AS AN ICE SCULPTURE!"

       It was Khione. Joe began to walk faster on his four feet with his eye glowing more. We crouched and walked towards the wall. as we looked in we saw Khione facing off with Beige. At his feet stood Lohn Juarens with the left eye glowing.

       I remember on the cloud, Lin and Kyla ended up telling me that they have an empathy link, being able to locate each other. But now we had to deal with Khione, we had to stop her right now before anyone got hurt. Behind Beige stood two ice sculptures, a punk-looking girl who I took would be a hunter and B.

       I started to go forward but Kyla put her hand out and spoke.

       "Stand down Khione, It's over."

       Khione seemed to jump at the sound of her voice and in a knee jerk reaction, Khione knelt at their feet.

       "Kyla! oh, Uhm, miss. You led all of them here, highly rewarded we will be after-"

       ''No- I'm not being his pawn, Let them go."

       Apparently, I wasn't the only one confused Lin jaw dropped in confusion. Had she kept a secret from Lin? Those to never leave each other's side (Honestly it's cute) but I was still in confusion. I was trying to figure out what to do but it didn't seem to matter when what felt like a massive ice cube hit me in the chest.

       It caused me to lose eyesight making everything blurry and a ringing in my ear. The pain was worse than what Karen had done to me, it was so cold. After a while, I collapsed awakening into a dark room. Pitch black. Around me all I saw was mist and I couldn't move like I was being restrained.

       It was her, she caused us both misery. Join me.

       "Who, who said that? I'm not afraid of you" My voice became hollow, dead.

       You know you are restrained. Your father loves you too much to let you die. but its the only way.

       A face formed from the mist, It looked like a corpse leaking something from the empty eyes. It was Achlys. I reached for my weapon that had vanished but, I started to tear up.

       Her words had gotten to me. Free. Loved.

       "Vulcan? Does he love me? Why do you want me to be free anyways?! I won't fall to your schemes."

       It's not that simple. Your sacrifice will turn the war, you will restore his powers. You'll end your curse. It's a high price.

       "You want us to win? but you tried killing-"

       YOU DON'T GET IT. I JUST WANT THE PAIN TO GO AWAY.

       Loud shrieks echoed, causing me to stumble to the ground in pain. She isn't the bad guy, someone is forcing her. But my curse would end, I could save them from Khione.

       "Tell me what to do." She then informs me about the fire, everything I need to know. My father's image slowly faded in my mind, shaking his head, pleading. But I knew what I had to do.

       "They'll help you, I promise. You aren't going to feel pain again."

       That moment she pushed my head and I woke up to Lin and Kyla fighting next to the throne. On the left of the door stood Thalia and B frozen and Baisa knocked out next to a fireplace. I ran over to him and woke him up. His head slammed up and when he saw me he looked scared. Someone talked to him, dad wants him to stop me.

       I looked at him giving a reassuring smile to calm him down and said, "Dad wants the best for us all kid. But that can't happen, you know we won't escape here without what needs to happen. Please, I'll be ok."

       "Y-you can't just give up your life, and why did you say that anyways?"

       "Achlys talked to me, said dad loved me and he wants to do better as long as I live on, He wants to do right which is better than any other god has done but this has to be done, I trust her." I grab his hand, It had no heat in it almost as cold as the ice statues. To me the world had become silent, still, my purpose had become clear.

       I pulled his hand towards the fire and as he tried to pull away, both our hand entered the flame. We became engulfed in purple fire. My ears were filled with shrieks of terror as I fell to the ground.

       I blacked out only to come back to the reality of B standing over me screaming my name with tears rolling down his face. His eyes, they changed to a bright purple, ironically ruining his nickname. Steam rolled off my body making me figure out I was burnt, I couldn't move.

       B on my other side knelt next to me, "Pel... Please we can get you to a medic it'll-" I shake my head ever so slightly, "Thank you, for helping me... Albus would be proud."

       Behind him, Lin stared at me holding back tears as Kyla cried in his arms. I could make words but I mouthed, "You guys are cute. He'll find out soon. Hopefully."

       "Did- did we win?" The words barely made it out of my throat, the pain was unbearable. He nodded his head with tears still flowing down his face.

       "You knew what would happen didn't you" He made an expression I couldn't make out and a tear rolled down my face. "Thank you for ending the curse. Kid."

       I couldn't wait to see Amelia finally.