Ashes

Beige's Perspective

---One Day Later---

We stood in the woods next to a coffin and Thalia talking to someone behind a tree. My heart had been ripped from my chest making it impossible to care for anything happening. Lin had been crying almost the whole walk here as Kyla ran off after being exposed as a spy. The poor guy had been so happy but none of that was going around. Around us were multiple tents as we were in the Center of a hunter camp.

"Hey guys, I'd like you to meet the goddess of the hunters, Artemis."

Behind Thalia appeared a girl about our age with a bow slung around her back. I couldn't believe this was the goddess who had hunted for centuries. I didn't have the guts to speak up or make any restraint to show respect.

"Odd, most boys would freak out or at least show respect. Past that, Thalia has told me about your adventures that's some courage you all have shown." Her eyes didn't seem pleased, then she looked at B who wasn't paying attention next to the coffin before turning back to us.

"Basia, I know what you have been through and all the people you have lost. I have an unexpected gift for you to see."

I was waiting for an arrow to the face or to be turned into prey but behind me, I felt my shoulder get tapped and Lin gasping in disbelief. I turned around and I couldn't believe it was her.

"NOTA!" Lin and I both hugged her as she tried to break free which was useless.

"I thought you were dead, I mean, I saw you fall but you had to be alive cause we are-"

"Linked, yeah I know, I made that call and almost killed us both, but it's so good to see you two. A lot has happened and I'm sorry." Her eyes looked down with a hint of sadness and I started to notice the glow around her, the same glow Thalia had.

She became a hunter.

"You became a hunter? But aren't you coming with us?" Lin asked, almost scared he knew the answer.

"Sadly she cannot, she is with our family now so this visit isn't permanent," Artemis spoke and I wanted to just walk away but before I could Nota spoke up.

"Yeah actually this hunter thing is cool and all but uh, Ima go to where I belong sorry, not sorry."

Artemis, instead of going into a fit of rage, calmy nodded her head and Nota's glow disappeared.

"Well, onto more of real talk. Khione is going to be in hiding for a while I hope, but the Ashed Prophecy has begun, I will have to bring it up with Zeus. Gods the world is practically ending with Apollo and your prophecy."

"Uhm I'm sorry but I completed the quest I thought." I mean it made sense, every line fit to what happened.

"Two born from fire one will stand,
Two attracted two ties by a strand 
Frostbite and tunnels of no end ,
No destination without mend
As the second full lunar creeps
The one who fears the curse of flames will reap ."

Two born from fire were Penelope and I, one standing was me. Two tied to a strand was Nota and my empathy link. Frostbite was Khione and tunnels with no end was obviously the labyrinth, and the one who fears the curse will reap. Penelope was scared of loving people because of the curse.

But two lines bothered me, destination without mend. What destination needed to be repaired? I couldn't make sense of it but I skipped to the other lines. Second full lunar, it couldn't have been that long but I remembered time works differently in mythical places.

"Oh, you aren't aware of the Ashed prophecy? It's one of the first ever given prophecies that was said to cause the earth to burn like when it was made. It goes." Artemis then spoke the Ashed prophecy that was now tied to me.

"5 souls broken, torn, betrayed
Fire and death burn to a path of pain
A soldier of war deals a deal
Deception and lies turn to never appeal
The one who rages tears apart
As the world falls to fire and burns apart"

I took all that in as none of it made sense whatsoever other than fire. Death, why do people have to die in this?

"There has to be a way to not let anyone die I mean-"

"Sadly you can't change a prophecy but you must train. There are 4 of you here right now so that must mean something but take Penelope to camp Jupiter, Report to Reyna." She points at B and continues talking. "She may guide you as she knows the way. I bid you safe travels."

I go to leave before being stopped by her final message to us, "Men are getting more trustable. I hope it's a feature that stays."

With that, B, Lin, Nota and I took off with Nota's pegasus Monochrome pulling a wagon with Penelope's casket on it. So much to take in that had happened in the past weeks.

One thing for sure, is that Aden would not stop us from anything. No matter the cost.

Curse of Flames: Toxins
March 17th