A satyr becomes a Daring Duelist

My first instinct, launch fire at them. I had gone through so much I wasn't dealing with this, I open my palm but... no fire. I pull out the hatchet my dad gave me and prepared for yet again another fight. the kid who I could see, that was holding someone spoke out, "Hey, heyy it was a joke. Do you have a hatchet? No one just carries one of those. You a demigod?" The question ringed through my ears like a bell went off. I decided to play stupid. 

       "Whose Demigod?" I bit my lips, hoping I had not just said that out loud but based on the confused look of the girl, I had."Yeah sure, we were messing with you, but seriously who are you. You are a demigod." I guess my stupidity couldn't save me, these people knew what I was, meaning they were too. "I'm Beige, son of Hephaestus now you can explain who you three are."

       I thought I'd get an answer but the girl's face grew dark, the boy standing sat down the person curled up in their arms and backed up. "It's you, I can't believe that the voice was telling us the truth, we've been looking for you. Basia." The girl dropped her weapon and walked up to me into the light, and I finally saw who she was. She had dark brown hair, was I guess average height but my age. Her brown eyes were filled with tears and hope. "You- I knew you were real I just. cant believe it, the Romans didn't want me going out on a quest but I had to ever since the voice." She started drifting and came back to realize what was happening. I still had no clue what was happening but the guy realized, "You don't remember, its all cause of her, Basia we, we went to school with you, I was assigned to protect you and ended up meeting Nota and-" He didn't say who but pointed at the brown hair girl.

       "I know you don't know me, but I want to help you. I have to be on this quest, oh and call me B." I was so lost, trying to cope with all that had to happen now this nonsense. I decided to let them in on it cause it didn't seem like I had much of a choice, so we decided to set camp up in the abandoned gas station. Maybe they had a lead on where to go. I filled them in on what I knew and that we needed to go south and met some god. They didn't have anything other than I would be here from a voice that was a cold whisper. "Huh, well I have had a long day I need a break." We all sat down and the man who I still have not seen put a blanket over the curled person. Before I could ask anything he spoke, "On our way here Penelope took an on a hydra, destroyed her leg and arm but bought us all time." he took a deep breath,"She is a child of  Vul-Hephaestus too, she said she had a dream or a vision and you would save her from her curse."

       He didn't say what it was but I understood why it must've been hard on him. "So what are you the son of? if you don't mind" He starting to laugh and get up towards me, in the dim light he had short brown curly hair, green eyes, and baggy clothes but above him, poked out horns. "Satyr? I didn't know wow." 

       "NO... no in a faun, quite different between the two. remember that please." I nodded grinning like a madman. " I'm Albus, now if you don't mind me, I'm gonna go play some Angry Birds." He acted all cool about it and walked off as I held in my laugh. Across from me though you could hear B laugh a little. I realized she was the only one I didn't know who her godly parent was, it didn't matter to me honestly as I passed out. It was the first night I had slept decently waking up to a beam of sunlight in my face. Everyone was asleep so I just sat up and messed with some random stuff packed in my bag.

       I did that for a few minutes until behind a shelf there were rustling noises, chip bags fell, no one was awake. Crouched and quietly approaching I turn the corner holding the hatchet to see someone crawling, it was Penelope, the girl who was being carried by Albus. She looks at me with her bright blue ocean eyes and uneven blonde hair with a chip halfway out of her mouth. She looks down at the bag and holds it up to me.

        She seemed about Harley's age but at the same time, I felt as if she was mine. I grab a chip out of the bag and sit down next to her while she pulls herself up a little. "You're Basia I'm guessing aren't ya kid?" The way she called me kid surprised me. "Kid? why are you calling me kid?" She seemed confused by my question, almost as confused as me. "What, you're like 16? I'm 23 and I call everyone kid. don't worry you'll get used to it." She ate another chip and asked, "So, you gonna help me with my curse?"