Mookaite

"You what?"

Yoongi stared at me in disbelief. I circled the rim of my glass with my finger.

Like I said before, we didn't really talk about life stuff. At least, no deeper than our days at work. But this...

"Are you insane?" His voice was flat. "You barely know this guy."

"I know." I frowned. The whiskey in my glass was the same one I'd ordered when I first came in. The ice had melted into it, and condensation beaded on the outside surface. "I just... he doesn't have anyone else."

"That's not your problem, Seomin." I looked up at that, surprised by his use of my name. His expression was serious. I bit my lip.

"He..." I leaned closer to him, lowering my voice. "He saved me, Yoongi. Those men..." I trailed off, and slumped back into the barstool. "That wasn't his problem."

Why did it seem like I was trying to persuade him?

There was a moment of silence, and then the dark haired bartender sighed. "Well, it's your apartment, you can do what you want. Just... be careful, I guess."

I rose my eyebrows. His eyes were fixed firmly on the glass he polished. I couldn't help but smile a little.

It'd be a dick move to call him out for being so quietly concerned about my wellbeing. "He's like a child, Yoongi. And, well... if he does try anything, I have pepper spray. And all my doors lock."

He just nodded, and I finally took a sip of my drink. Wrinkling my nose, I put the glass back down. "Gross. It's all watery."

"That's what happens when you leave the ice to melt." Glancing at my watch, I stood. He seemed surprised. "Off so early? It's barely twelve."

I smiled a little. "Nearly getting kidnapped will do that to you."

He bit his lip. "...right."

It was probably uncomfortable for me to make offhand comments like that. But, humour was how I dealt with things. If I stuffed it down inside, it would eat me up.

"Get a taxi this time." He said as I shrugged into my jacket. I nodded.

"Way ahead of you. It's waiting outside." He smiled at that, and lifted a hand in a lazy wave as I left.

I had expected to be greeted by Taehyung snoozing on the couch by the time I entered my apartment, since that was where I had left him, but instead was met with a body full-on slamming into me. I would have been knocked to the floor, if not for the wall that I smacked into instead behind me.

I groaned in pain, barely following the flurry of panicked words that tumbled from his mouth, "-worried, Noona, where did you go? I thought you had left, why didn't you tell me? Or take me with you-"

I shushed him with a hand on his head. "Taehyung-ah. Calm. We had this earlier when I went to work. I'm not going to be in the apartment all the time. It's fine if you want to wait here, but you can also go out and occupy time in the city on your own, you know?"

Letting me up, he shook his head vigorously. "I'll wait." He smiled that huge, bright smile. "I'm happy you're back."

My heart thudded. I wasn't used to such earnest, pure affection. It was so strange. He barely knew me, why was he always so happy to see me?

As I moved around the apartment, he followed, hanging over my shoulders every chance he got. Whenever I stood still for more than a few seconds, there he was, arm over one shoulder, chin on the other, looking blissfully happy. I didn't really know what to do. I'd never met someone so touchy-feely before. I didn't know how to deal with it, so I just let him do what he wanted.