Pyrite

Shit dude guess we doing three in one day. Make sure you've read the previous two, ghosties xD

§

A small wisp of smoke trailed lazily from the blackened bullethole in the ceiling. My heart felt like it had stopped, ears ringing, as I took in the littered glass on the floor, the door busted off it's hinges, and Yoongi, pressing the blonde woman into the ground.

"You won't hurt a single other member of my fucking family, you hag." He snarled. I could just barely hear it over the high itched keen in my ears. It was fading, slowly. I kept my grip on Taehyung's limp hand. I wanted to know, if he woke up, as soon as it happened. And, I wanted him to know I was here- even if it was pointless. Each day seemed to surprise me with the depth of my own feelings.

"You're done, Sierra. Give up." The blonde woman's face twisted in a sneer, even though she was unable to move. Seokjin stood in the doorway, Hoseok and Namjoon a short ways behind him.

"Kim Seokjin. I should have killed you as soon as I saw you." She spat, and he crouched down, by her head, face cold.

"Your mistake, I guess." Anger worked into his expression. "Now you'll never get the chance."

He stood back up, and the other two cleared out of the way, as armed police flooded the room. But then, Jin clocked me, following my arm to Taehyung, then flickering to Jimin. He and Namjoon exchanged looks and then sprang into action, darting over, picking up the papers on the counter and discussing something between themselves in medical jargon. I eyed Jin warily as he disconnected the various wires attached to Taehyung, then unwrapped a sterile needle. He glanced briefly to me before turning the unconscious man's bare forearm to inject him with whatever was inside. "This is adrenaline, Seominie. Just to help wake him up. And get rid of the other stuff."

I stayed silent, not wanting to know what the other stuff was. I didn't protest, choosing to trust him, and that he knew what he was doing. I stayed by Taehyung, just watching him, as Jin went over to the few police that remained, telling them that it would be dangerous to move Taehyung and Jimin so they'd need to stay here a little while. Then, he came back over to me, eyes scanning me critically. "What about you? Did they do anything to you? Any injections? Medication?"

My mind skimmed over the tests, and I quailed, but shook my head. "No. Just examinations."

He didn't question the look on my face, instead just smiling gently and placing a light arm round my shoulders. I was surprised, but didn't shake him off. It was comforting, somehow. Knowing someone was calm, even if I was anything but. "It's okay, now. He'll be okay. They didn't have time to do any lasting damage."

I didn't answer, wanting so badly to believe him, but unable to. Not until I saw Taehyung wake up with my own eyes. Then, only then, would I allow myself to feel relief. Jin patted my back one last time, then went over to Namjoon and Jimin.

I was almost disbelieving as his eyelids finally fluttered, hand twitching in both of mine. Before his eyes could even open fully I was on him, kissing his lips joyously, and he gasped softly into my mouth. I felt his hand gently come to my hair, and my eyes filled with tears again, spilling over as I leaned back, smiling. It was the most intense relief I'd ever felt, so strong that my chest felt like it was going to give out. "Noona... am I dreaming?"

A small laugh escaped me. He touched his cheek with his free hand, where some of my teardrops had fallen. "No, baby. You're awake." He stared at me, and I let go of his hand to place my palms of his cheeks. "It's over. The police are here."