Howlite

I'm literally so tired I worked from 9pm to 7am last night and slept all day but I'm still so. Tired.

But lowkey i wanna finish this fic soon so like uvu uvu uvu

Not that many chapters left! Should have 34 chapters total! Short compared to some books i see but... mama ain't got the motivation to write a 60 chapter book LOL

§

"How did they find us so quickly?"

The words should have fallen flat, but instead hung around persistently in the tense air, loud and obnoxious, demanding our notice. The faces in the room displayed varying degrees of distress, anger, frustration. No one sat, although Seokjin's living room had plenty of chairs. No one could stomach sitting, it seemed.

"It was naive to think they'd let us go so easily." Yoongi spoke with a quiet fervour, hands crammed moodily into the pockets of his leather jacket. He stared at the ground with cold, glassy eyes. I glanced over my shoulder at Taehyung, briefly. His expression was set, blank, but I knew him well enough now to be able to read him from the posture of his shoulders, the way his fingers were clenched into fists. That, and the fact he wasn't touching me- or protesting the fact that Jungkook held onto my hand.

The youngest was barely keeping ahold of himself. He'd shaken nonstop on the way here in the car, something that spoke volumes about his relationship with that place, that woman. I didn't press the issue, instead just trying to comfort him in what little way I could. He'd calmed some, now, but gripped my hand as though it was the only lifeline he had left, eyes darting around the faces of his hyungs.

"We went to a whole other country! Do you know how many miles away we are? How many convoluted arrangements I had to make-" Namjoon's terse, angry words were halted by the eldest placing a hand on his shoulder, shaking his head. The younger's jaw clenched, and he looked down, expression bitter.

"What do we do now?" Jimin finally spoke up. He looked... tired. Not angry, like the others, not frustrated. He looked like someone who'd been given hope and had it ripped away. Like someone who'd been made to face a harsh reality. That was probably the hardest to see. He'd been... so excited. Ecstatic, even. To be in a new place, to be outside.

"What choice do we have?" Hoseok said, gaze skirting the group, once. "We have to go again." He fixed Jin with a serious look. "That's right, isn't it?"

A sigh rushed from the eldest's lips. "Yes. They... haven't made a real move yet. Just a warning. We have time..."

"Then what?" Taehyung's voice had a quality that commanded all of our attention. It was cold, serious, no trace of his usual cheerfulness. "We wait there until we're found, again? Keep running all over the world, for the rest of our lives?"

"What else can we do?" Jin snapped, "Give up? Let them take you all back? Probably kill the rest of us?"

"I can't go back there-" Jimin was losing it, too, eyes wide with panic, hands trembling, "I won't, I won't go back there, back in those cells, I have to be free, I'd rather die-"

"You would if you went back." Suddenly,the youngest spoke up, quietly, "They planned to kill everyone but Yoongi-hyung and I if they got us back-"

"Jungkook!" The brunette boy flinched at the exclamation from Jin, fingers clenching around mine minutely, before he bit his lip and looked down. Hoseok quickly moved to comfort Jimin, who was struggling to breathe through panicked tears. Yoongi was silent, staring at the floor, a tendon in his neck the only giveaway for his tension.