Chapter Three - Present Day

Present Day - London

Madison sat dumbfounded for a few seconds. "You'll have to excuse my expression, but as you can imagine I'm in a bit of shock."

"Take your time, let it sink in. And also feel privileged. You are one of the few people on this planet who knows this secret, and if you so much as THINK about sharing it with anyone you will have a world of pain to live through." Jesy threatened. Madison took a moment to appreciate how protective she was of Jade and Perrie.

Leigh-Anne spoke up, "We're only letting you in on this because of the reason you pointed out earlier, our dynamic has changed. We came up with an arrangement two years ago that was working for a while, but clearly something has shifted between the group and we want to get our mojo back!" She lifted her arms and shook her shoulders at the word "mojo". Madison didn't know if it was because the girls had lived through this and were used to the reality of the situation, but she was surprised at how cavalier they were treating the fact that Perrie and Jade had been lovers. And were still in a band together. A fact that Madison found earth-shattering.

"Arrangement? What arrang- I'm sorry you are going to have to start at the beginning for me to fully understand this. And I do fully need to understand this in order to determine the right course of action moving forward." Madison knew this meeting was going to go a lot longer than she had planned.

Jesy and Leigh-Anne both looked from Perrie to Jade, then back at Perrie.

"Do you mind if we have a moment to discuss something between the four of us?" Leigh-Anne asked sweetly.

"Not at all, I'll be right outside, just let me know when you've finished," replied Madison. This would give her a chance to cancel her dinner plans and make arrangements for the night.

As she left the conference room she headed straight to the concierge desk and reserved five bedrooms – Fifth Mile would give her some push back on all the money she had spent that day, but they would certainly thank her later. She was hoping some real progress would be made tonight.

On one hand, it was a good sign that Jade and Perrie were okay with their story being shared. On the other hand, she didn't know what to make of them refusing to talk or make eye contact during the whole thing. They weren't going to get anywhere if that was how they planned on acting the rest of the night. Madison hoped she could crack them by dinner time.

"Madison, we're ready!" shouted Jesy from across the lobby. Madison confirmed her reservations and darted towards the conference room where Jesy had the door open for her.

"Thanks," she breathed out as she passed Jesy and headed back to the head of the table.

As Jesy made her way back to her own seat she started, "So, with the permission of Perrie and Jade, we decided to tell you their story. They understand it's for the good of the band and if anyone understands that it's them. They are free to interject at any point to correct us on details we get wrong, but for the most part it will be Leigh-Anne and myself telling this tale."

Madison nodded, anxious to hear about this past relationship. She could understand why Perrie and Jade didn't want to talk about it. Based off of their interactions now, it was clear their romance did not end well. And to re-tell it would be to relive it. She wasn't sure that re-hearing it would be much better, but that was neither here nor there.

Jesy continued, "We will not being going into excruciating details, however, so if there is a portion you'd like us to elaborate on, simply let us know, and we'll make a judgement call on if you are privy to that information."