Chapter Six - 2015

London – 2015

The car was filled with silence as Perrie and Reggie waited for Perrie's cell phone ringtone. But there was nothing.

"Shit! Can we go back? I need my cell!" Perrie whined.

"We're already running late and you're just going to make your brother's party in time. So you're gonna have to deal without it kid." Reggie was quite fond of the girls but knew they needed a stern hand every once and awhile.

"You don't understand Reg – normally I would be able to do it, go without my phone. It would be hard, don't get me wrong. But I could do it. I'm in a special circumstance at the moment, and I need to communicate a message to someone. A very important message."

"Use my phone then," Reggie extended it to her.

Perrie thought about it. He did have Jade's number, thank goodness, because she certainly did not have it memorized. But did she want to tell Jade she loved her through Reggie's phone? It seemed to be the only way. And Jade had to know. Perrie didn't want another second to go by without her knowing.

"Okay, thanks. It's a private conversation so once we've arrived at the airport I'll make the call. It'll be quick – promise!"

Perrie became more and more nervous the closer they got to the airport. She couldn't understand why. Jade loved her! The fear or rejection was completely eliminated. But there was still the vulnerability. Still the opening up to feelings and emotions and letting people in.

That never came easy to her.

That's why she always admired Jade. The brunette loved fiercely and dove in head first into experiences and relationships. Yes, sometimes it did not bode well for her. Perrie smiled as she thought about the countless times Jade agreed to things without thinking them through, and then found herself in the oddest situations. It always made for a good story later that the four girls would laugh at until tears were streaming down their faces.

But other times, such as what had happened this afternoon, Jade's impulsivity was a beautiful thing. Perrie may never have known that Jade returned her feelings if it wasn't for Jade's courage. The blonde wished she was that brave.

Her ride pulled up to the airport and while Reggie unloaded Perrie's bags out of the car, she hopped out quickly and ran to a less crowded area to make her call.

She paced back and forth as she listened to the ringing, her heart beating quickly.

Finally, "Reg?" Jade's angelic voice came through the phone speaker.

"Jade! Oh, thank god you picked up, it's Perrie. Listen, I don't have much time but I didn't want to wait a week to tell you that I love you. I'm so in love you Jade. And I can't believe you feel the same way about me. Your smile brightens my day and your laugh send shivers down my spine. I want to be with you, I want to make you happy."

Perrie could have gushed about Jade for ages, but thought to stop and let Jade react first.

Silence.

"Jade?" Perrie started to worry that perhaps she had misheard her bandmate back in the dressing room. Maybe she hadn't confessed her love at all, and it had all been in Perrie's head.

Perrie brought the cell phone from her ear to make sure they were still connected and almost cried when she saw the screen was black – and the phone had died.

"REGGIE!" She ran over to the car, furious that she had not checked on the battery of her security's phone. "Your phone died! Do you have a charger? This is important."