3

BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL
Stiles Stilinski

I walk around campus after class during lunch looking at all the Sheriff reports on the website from my phone seeing all the latest missing people as there has been many lately. Last night a male performer went missing from the club but there was no footage neither any sign of where he might've went. Family and friends say that he would never have left without saying a thing.

The other latest victims are all male, the only thing in common with them is their body mass and body shape, buff and beefy meat heads. They seem to disappear between days apart. There is a connection of course, but I can't think of where it all leads to.

I put my phone down knowing this is something mysterious. People like them with no connection just don't disappear like that. There is something behind it, and it's random. I walk around the courtyard and then see Scott and what is left of the pack sitting together in a table. They spot me and grab my attention and I walk over to them taking a seat next to Scott.

As I walk towards them I spot Lyn, one of Beacon Hill's top swimmers in our school walking pass me with his group of friends following him. He stands about 6ft being the most handsome human one could ever see. His face is perfectly structured with his nice tan and orange smooth skin. His cheekbones are high and his hair is a perfect shade of light brown. His sense of style is street with a nice preppy style to it. His eyes a bright blue and as I walk by he glances at me and gives me a small smirk with his pouty full lips.

That's GENETICS at it's best.

Not only is Lyn perfect in every shape possible, but as a human he's perfect

Not only is Lyn perfect in every shape possible, but as a human he's perfect. He's been accepted into NYU, his first choice of school from what I've heard. After Lydia became the not so popular girl, Lyn dethroned her and became THE popular kid at Beacon Hills. He has killer house parties, the internship of his life, millions of friends, and a chance at The Olympics! He's the cafeteria king, he's everyone's best friend. He's beauty, grace and looks like someone who would punch you in the face.

He's the only thing that lives a beautiful normal life here at Beacon Hills

"What's wrong?" Scott asks as he notices something wrong with me by the scent of me. "You're curious and jealous." He says reading me as he looks at me in my eyes wanting the answer. I look away and stare at Lyn as he's followed by his groupies into the building and then ignore it. I need to focus on what's important.

"The number of missing people keeps going up and it's just... weird." I confess to Scott and he doesn't chose to care as the human world isn't something he wants to get involved in. I decide to leave it alone not wanting to annoy him with it as it's something I'll investigate on my own. If it leads to anything paranormal Scott will get involved as usual.

"We could do something about it." Liam says bringing up my idea to Scott.

"No. We're staying out of it." Scott says softly as it could escalate to a lot of things if we were to help. Everyone quiets down looking at each other confused as Malia and Lydia look at me worried about what I'll do next. "That means you too Stiles. We can't compromise ourselves." He says directly looking at me. "We protect the underworld. That's it."

"Just because your duty is to protect the underworld, doesn't mean it's mine either." I snap at Scott and as I do Lydia looks away while everyone else watches. "We could do so much here in Beacon Hills! We can help this town!"

"Stiles, end of story. We stick to the paranormal. That's it. Nothing else." Scott says ending the idea and I ignore his request knowing this is something I'll have to handle on my own 100%. Kira leaving Scott was rough on him, he changed into a different person. He's more broody and serious. He's not the same happy, cheerful and positive person he used to be before all this.

"I'm going to go." Lydia says looking around her as if she's looking for something and then gets up and walks away. I lower my eyebrows looking at her confused and watch her leave the table. The pack dismisses Lydia but I can't help to watch her walk around as if she's following something. As if she's following a noise.

I decide to leave as well and ditch them walking off leaving school campus. If no one will do something about this, then it's my duty to then. I'll figure this out all on my own.

As I walk to my jeep and get in I start the engine wanting to head out to the Sheriff station knowing it's where my investigation will start. I throw my school bag to the passenger seat and then look at the window to see-

"Derek." I gasp seeing him standing in front of my jeep with a small smile. It's been forever since I've last seen him. He walks towards me and I get out of my jeep quickly being happy to see him.

"Hi Stiles." He says proudly and he looks satisfied, and proud to be back. He's a lot different than the grumpy wolf he was 4 years ago. I walk towards him and hug him and he hugs me as we hold each other tight. I let him go and stand in front of him starring at him.

"Where's the pack?" He asks me and I hesitate to respond to him and he shakes his head. "I'm guessing Scott is still as stubborn as usual." I chuckle with him and make a small smile.

"He's much more stubborn than he was before what recently happened." I respond and smirk. "What brought you back?" I ask him and he pulls his phone out of his leather jacket pocket.

"There have been 87 victims and counting that have gone missing either in towns near or in Beacon Hills. I know something is up, and I hate to break it but, Peter is back in town." Derek says breaking the news to me knowing this is going to be another Hale family drama adventure.

"How coincidental, I was about to go figure out the same thing." I say bringing it up knowing that this truly is something with the underworld. Dragging Scott into this could be dangerous and I have no time for ignorance. "The pack isn't involving in it of course as you can see."

"I figured you would be the only person to help me investigate this more in depth anyways." I say nodding and then walk back inside my jeep and he follows me getting in too.

"What do you think Peter is doing?" I ask him wanting some answers as we put our seat belts on. I begin to drive off and make my way to the sheriff station to get information.

"Peter is known for being sloppy at his kills and makes sure they're noticed, but this, this is new." Derek says worried about Peter's next moves. 

"You think he's alone?" I ask and he shakes his head pulling out pictures of Peter and the victims that have gone missing walking into the old abandoned aquarium or outside of the clubs or roads.

"I've been following Peter for almost 3 months now and every time he lures them into this aquarium, they go missing. They never come back, no goodbye to their friends, nothing. It's like they vanished with no leads at all... Peter has something in there, and whatever it is... it's using these victims for Peter's scheme."

"Well let's hope we find out what he has sooner than later."