26

FISHING WAREHOUSE

Hours later after dumping Isaac's body into the ocean, Liam needed answers from anyone as to why Isaac risked his life. It was out of character and clearly an act of rebellion towards Liam as his Alpha.

Everyone from Liam's pack sat in a table together mourning Isaac's death in silence. Liam questioned them all not knowing whether they were telling the truth or not. Liam could sense doubt in all of them and that their trust in him were low. Liam could never be what Scott was to them. He had big shoes to fill in, and Liam barely fit those shoes, but Scott is dead.

"We're all surprised as you, Liam. Isaac has been with us since the start." Brett Talbot responds to Liam.

"No, he knew better." Mason spoke up knowing Isaac well enough to not go on a suicide mission.

"He did know better, and he went out anyways." Liam tells them. "Someone got him to go out. Did any of you notice anything?" Liam asks his pack wanting to see what they knew behind his back. "Was he drinking with strangers? Taking trips out of town? Did he owe anyone big?" Everyone continued to shake their head no, and it frustrated Liam even more. "So no one of you have a single clue as to what happened to one of your brothers?" Liam says disappointed as they're all silent. "Why would Isaac risk his life just to see what was going on?"

"Maybe he just got curious." One of Liam's betas spoke up.

"Curious to see what he looked like without his eyes." Ethan mocked Isaac. "Or maybe he just got sick of us all being the middleman. Maybe Isaac got sick of us all just being delivery boys-- Being told what to bring in and when. Having to take whatever crumbs we're given." Ethan continued on as he wasn't a fan of Liam being Alpha, knowing he could do better. "Maybe he wanted things to change." Ethan mocked Liam.

"Scott liked you Ethan, and when he died you had your chance to take over. So do it. Now." Liam grabbed on to the neck of his shirt and pulled it down to reveal his neck for Ethan to swipe at and take his rightful power as Alpha from him. "You think you know better? You wanna be boss? Go for it." Liam's rage and anger was something none of his betas wanted to test, yet Ethan continued to press those buttons until one day he could snap.

They both stared at each other as Ethan was tempted to get his claws on to Liam's neck and feel Liam's blood drip from his nails

They both stared at each other as Ethan was tempted to get his claws on to Liam's neck and feel Liam's blood drip from his nails. To feel the power of Alpha once again was his dream, and Liam had taken that away from him. Ethan could rule the drug empire that they had been tasked to do a thousand times better than Liam could. Ethan's ways would be unethical and immoral but it would get the job done. As much as Ethan wanted to slit Liam's throat, the time wasn't right and Ethan knew better not to take over during a conflict like this.

Ethan chuckled and laughed at Liam dismissing their argument and Liam backed away in frustration leaving the warehouse with Mason. All would be revealed soon, and Ethan knew that. Things are about to change in Beacon Hills, and they could all feel the balance of power shift with a new presence.