Chapter One

Keith's POV:

    "Oof!" I huffed as Pidge de-weaponed me in training class. She proudly pointed her sword at my face in victory as I swung my hands up, in defeat.

   "Woo hoo~!" She yelled cheerfully. "That's the first time I've beat someone at sword fighting!!" She jumped up and down, bragging about her win as the other team mates gathered around.

   Lance smirked. "Keith~? Not feeling it today?" He teased. I only scowled at him, feeling the soreness from my easy loss.

   "Hate to admit it, but Lance is right." A husky, deep but confident voice filled my ears, draining Lance's annoying voice out. A hand was placed on my shoulder and I looked up to see a familiar pair of black eyes, sweet but dark, staring down at me over a scar that went across the bridge of the nose. His single white hair puff stuck out and he had a slight pink pigment to his cheeks. His eyes and smile shined worry and empathy.

    Shiro~

  "Are you feeling okay?" He asked in a soft, comforting voice, gingerly squeezing my shoulder.

     My eyes widen and I look away, not wanting to let his features distract me. "I-I'm fine. Just tired, I suppose. I dunno..."

    But I know damn well.

    I hushed everyone's concern and left to my bedroom, heading straight into the back of my closet to grab my suppressants.

   Yeah, you heard me.

    Suppressants.

    Omega by birth, disguising as an Alpha since grade school. It's kinda a habit. I mostly faked an Alpha type to avoid the major bullying that came with being a male omega (which is hella rare) but also because it kinda makes me feel weak. When people think I'm an Alpha, I feel strong. As an Omega, I feel like a sissy I suppose.

    I take suppressant pills to help stop my heat and use a special cologne to disguise my scent. Besides that, I rely on quick thinking to react like an Alpha would, which I've worked on for years.

   But today I had a problem. I was running out of suppressants. I take two pills-two and half pills a day depending on how hot I feel, and today I only had half a pill left. My cologne was close to gone as well.

    I have to have Coran order more then. I tell him it's depression pills and since he can't read English he totally believes me, so I even hide it from him. I just have to pick it up quick before the others see and read it.

    But it'll take two days to get here... I reminded myself bitterly. I didn't know what I was going to do, so I took the half pill and hoped it would be enough. I didn't want to take it until later, but me loosing the battle with Pidge showed me that my heat is starting to creep up on me.

    I bit my lip and sat with my head in my hands, waiting for the medication to kick in.

Shiro's POV:

   "Dinner is served!" Hunk cheered as he laid out the ...interesting... food out in front of us. My eyes widened as I heard Pidge whisper "Did it just move..?!" But calmed myself down. It was rude to refuse food.

    But it turned out to be better then I expected, and I ended up finishing first so I could start up a conversation about our next training.

    "Alright guys. I've made a new training regime that we will use for the next few months," I started, sweeping my eyes across the table to make sure everyone was paying attention.

    Lance's eyes were distracted, but soon gave me their full attention. Pidge had put her game down. Hunk was still eating, but listening.

    But Keith...

    But Keith looked terrible. His cheeks were a swollen red underneath his layers of silky black hair and he was breathing kind of heavily, his red jacket rising up and down without pattern. He met my eye contact then immediately turned his gaze away. But not too soon for me to see desperation in his eyes.

   I raised an eyebrow. What in the world..? He looks like an omega in heat..!

   I realized I had zoned out on Keith's face and quickly cleared my throat, continuing. "We all understand how important our bond with our lions is, so for the next few months we will be bonding with our lions, our exercises focusing on connecting and embracing the teamwork between Paladin and Lion."

    After explaining a little further, I dismissed everyone. I watched Keith in the corner of my eye so I could catch up to him and see what's up.

   Keith squirmed a little and waited for everyone to leave. He looked at me, probably thinking I was staying put, and quickly scurried out of the dining room. I quickly got out of my chair and rushed to catch up with him.

   "Keith! Wait up!" I yelled as I ran up next to him, slowing to a walk to match his pace.

   Keith was looking at the ground, his hands hugging himself. "....y-yeah..?" His voice was oddly quiet and submissive.

   "You alright? You look kind of winded. What's going on?" I pursed him, putting my hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

   Keith looked up a little, then looked back down, hiding his face. "N-No- I mean y-yeah I'm fine." He stuttered nervously. His hands went into the pockets of his tight pants.

    I took a deep breath to think of a response when suddenly a stench filled my nose that almost made me fall to the ground. It was so pungent and irresistible that it shocked me, drowning my nose in the sudden smell. My eyes went wide as I began to recognize the sweaty feel to the smell, and the lip-biting heat that accompanied my senses.

    The heat of an omega! My eyes widened. An omega..?! Here?! Before I knew it, the Alpha inside of me lunged at this rare opportunity. It had been a year since I'd been able to fulfil my Alpha senses.

    Before I knew it, everything was a blur as I thrusted my nose into the Omega's neck. My Galra arm laced its fingers through hair to keep a steady grip on neck, turning it so I could smell it.

    I began sniffing more, then began kissing up and down to look for a good marking spot. Through the blur I heard Keith's voice, hurriedly telling me something.

    "-op..!"

    "-top it, Shiro..!"

    "S-Stop it, Shiro..!"

    I immediately took my face out of the omega's neck when I finally made out what Keith was saying. My eyes widened even more when I saw the Omega out of my blur.

     The omega was...Keith..?!