Please Read

Hello! Sorry this isn't an update, but I felt this needed to be addressed. I will update soon.

A lot of people are pointing out at how Shiro seems completely oblivious to Keith's pregnancy. A lot of people are calling him stupid, and it makes me realize I haven't explained his situation enough.

There are a few reasons why Shiro is not piecing together the puzzle.

The first one is that it has been a long time since he's even seen someone who was pregnant. He was held prisoner for a year, and even then he was at the Garrison for who knows how long. In a military school it is very unlikely to see anyone who is pregnant.

The second reason is Shiro doesn't see Keith as much anymore. What he hears is mostly from the other Paladins because Keith is making an effort to avoid him. Occasionally, like two chapters ago, they do have an interaction but Keith blocks him out in fear of what will happen. Also, Shiro can get very irritated, and he doesn't get crazy irritated often, which means when he does he's probably not thinking in his best of mind.

What about the other signs he did see? Like when he puked?? You may ask. Well allow me to remind you that Keith stopped coming for breakfast because he wanted to brush it off as a stomach bug. And it worked, even though he stopped coming to breakfast, the Paladins didn't see him when the poor dad-to-be was throwing up. Any signs that Keith knows Shiro could identify Keith manages to brush off.

Shiro doesn't have enough information yet to piece the puzzle together, therefore making him seem oblivious when we are looking at POV of Keith. But from Shiro's perspective, Keith is just acting real strange. Mind you he tries to talk to Keith about it, but whenever he does he gets shut out. And that's what bothers him the most.

So yes, Space Dad is little oblivious when it comes to identifying pregnancy as a possible cause. I will say, it is possible to identify Keith if you really pay attention. But to be completely honest, I think Lance would see it at this point, not Shiro. That's mainly because he has been around a lot of family for a while, and likely helped deal with multiple pregnancies. But Shiro? We don't even know who his family is. Shiro May be a tad oblivious, but he has lots of reasons.

The last thing I want to say is why I decided to take the story this way. Why not have Shiro figure it out, or Keith tell him? Well the answer is that I like angst and buildup. I like my stories to be as thrilling as possible, and that means having the characters have a lot of angst and drama. I believe that the reveal of Keith's pregnancy is going to be the big break in the story, the big "holy shit" to all of the Paladins. This is build up to the climax, which I assure you will be suspenseful and exciting. So please hold tight.

Anyways, if you read to the end of this story type "Space Dad" and give me your thoughts. Thanks for your patience! I look forward to finishing the story with you. My goal is to finish it before Season 8, which I am not ready for.

    - Author