Chapter Nineteen

Shiro's POV:

    Gloom. I was in a state of absolute gloom. After feeling the effects of so many emotions at once; sadness, guilt and rage, I was left with a gloominess in the emptiness of my heart.

     But at the same time, the part of my heart that was dedicated to the bonding was swirling in emotions. Since I'd bonded with Keith, his pregnancy has given me the ability to feel a sense of his strongest emotions. It helped me to comfort him the night we came back, and to know what he needed. Or at least I thought.

     But when we fought, my own emotions were blaring so hard I couldn't feel his. Surely if I had felt his emotions, I wouldn't of snapped so hard. But they were written all over his face, yet I still couldn't take it. My anger and betrayal had taken control of me, and I let it.

     There's so many things I should be upset with him about, and believe me I am, but I went too far.

    Yet feeling his emotions only dulled my own even more. I wasn't sure what to feel anymore; guilt? Anger? Sadness? Forgiveness? Disappointment?

     I stood in that room with Allura for a few minutes, silent and blank. Allura was on the verge of tears, especially after Keith's comment of us being poor family.

    I sighed, finally nodding slightly to Allura my adieu, then leaving. I stood in the hallway for another long minute, unable to figure out what to do.

    I should look for Keith, make sure he doesn't do something out of impulse. But my mind was so mentally strained that for once I didn't jump onto that plan.

    I wasn't thinking clearly. I also hadn't eaten since breakfast, so I figured I could eat something first, then figure it out. So I went for the kitchen.

    I opened the Altean device that's supposed to be a fridge. I looked for food when a familiar thought rang in my head,

    I could use a drink right about now...

    I shook the cursed thought out of my mind. The last thing anyone needs is me getting drunk. That was a reason my last relationship ended, and why I quit.

    I looked down on my arm, which was made of Galra tech. It's not sick anymore, so I shouldn't have a reason to think of drinking.

    But old habits die hard.

    I bit my tongue, grabbing some random food so I could slam the damned thing shut.

     I sat down, trying to focus on my food. But the emptiness began to knaw on my heart.

     I need something, ANYTHING to fill this emptiness in my heart. Anger, happiness, love, sadness, alcohol-

     "Shiro!"

      My eyes widened as I was jerked from my old darkness and I was face to face with the team goofball, Lance.

      He was smiling warmly, getting ice cream. "That's an interesting lunch you got there." He snickered a little.

     "Huh..?" I looked down at my plate, seeing mainly Altean condiments and no actual food. "O-Oh uh..!"

     Heat rose to my cheeks, and finally my emptiness was quenched with embarrassment.

     And then, playfulness.

     "Oh, you're one to talk!" I smiled, for the first time since early morning. "You've got nothing but Altean ice cream!"

     Lance rolled his eyes playfully. "Yeah, because your boyfriend keeps eating all of mine."

     Then my carefree emotions came to a halt. I should've known Keith would be in a conversation sooner or later.