Chapter Twelve

It's almost time, you guys.

Shiro's POV:

     "I think Keith is pregnant."

     Silence. I was in shock.

     "W-...What did you say?" I asked quietly, my brain trying to keep up with the crazy info Lance was feeding me.

     "Pregnant. You know, like expecting? Having a kid? There's a baby inside Keith's belly-"

    "Lance, I know what it means." I interrupted quickly. But my brows furrowed in confusion. "But...Keith..?"

    Suddenly, I was rushed with a feeling I had forgotten. A feeling of certainty. Hearing Lance put the possibility in front of me gave me the last piece of the puzzle; the piece I needed to finally put the information in process.

     Keith is pregnant?

     It was making sense! The morning sickness, his mood swings, his weird food habits, him gaining weight-

     Keith is pregnant.

     The Lion not responding? It was because the Lion could sense the baby! Allura has previously claimed that the Lions would not respond to a pilot if the pilot started expecting.

     But now that left one thing.

     Keith is pregnant!

     And it's my baby!!!

     Thoughts began to bombard my brain. No wonder he had been so closed off-he must have known! Everything started happening shortly after our heat together, and we didn't go on any other missions that would give Keith a chance to get with someone else.

      Why didn't he tell me?!

      A baby. I could picture that baby, holding them in my arms. Maybe a girl? Finally. I can have a family! So many new experiences would come, ones I thought I'd never get the chance to live out. God, I'll fucking love and kiss on my baby until-

     "...Shiro..? F-Forget I said anything, I guess it's kinda stupid." Lance jerked me out of my thoughts.

      But then, reality. Keith and my baby were gone. I couldn't protect them. Keith doesn't trust me. I felt a sudden betrayal and guilt.

     And then, panic.

     "Lance, you're right."

    "I am? How do you know??"

    "Because it's mine."

     I could hear Lance squealing on the other side of the radio. I could hear side conversation with Pidge, and soon Pidge was squealing too.

     "Woah woah woah!" It was Pidge. "I knew it! I called it! Keith is totally omega to the CORE!"

    "Holy shit, Keith is fucking pregnant!!!" Lance was hollering. "Pidge, I'm gonna tell the others. You get with Shiro!!"

    "Congratulations, Space Dad! Looks like you've been a Daddy in the sheets~" Pidge added smoothly.

    "PIDGE." My warning tone was on the verge of becoming a panicked tone.

    "Alright, alright. Sorry, it's just so unexpected! I mean, you and Keith?" Pidge exclaimed in disbelief.

    "Pidge I-"

     Suddenly, my radio got clogged with calls. Hunk was trying to call from the other Lion, Allura and Coran was trying to contact me from the center of the Castle, and my line was already taken by Pidge and Lance! I took a deep breath before joining all of the calls.