29

2029

Hanbyeol chased after her older brother, hobbling right behind him. Her soft socks left a glide in her step, which was just waiting for disaster. It also made Boyeong's mother instincts kick in, resulting in the four year old to be picked up quickly before she ran into the living room. "Riley Bug, is that really the safest thing to do?" She asked softly, using her daughter's English name.

The little girl shakes her head, pouting at her mother. A pout that was exactly Vernon's weakness, but couldn't fool Boyeong easily. "But mommy, Thander stole my toy." The little toddler replies, still not being able to say Alexander's nickname. Or, really, any of his names yet.

"That's what big brothers are for, Riley Bug." Boyeong starts, making her way into the living room that Hanbyeol was just about to run into. It was also the place of Boseon's current hiding spot. "Later in life, the only thing he'll want to do, is protect his little sister. And who is that? You." Boyeong continues, smiling softly at her second child.

Hanbyeol's eyes sparkled (another weakness for Vernon) at that thought, imagining her older brother protecting her. Surprising, she couldn't imagine it and needed proof. "Weally?"

Boyeong smiled even more, nodding slightly. "Yep. Uncle JiJi always protected me when I met him." She states, remembering when Jihoon would always try to keep the couple apart, although they had already been dating for awhile. "He even protected me from daddy." She whispered, only for her daughter to hear.

Hanbyeol's smile fell, a frown replacing it, as well as a questioning look on her face. "Why would Uncle JiJi protect you from daddy? Daddy's a good guy! Uncle JiJi's the real bad guy." Hanbyeol grumbled, scrunching her nose up. A habit she had gotten from Wonwoo, despite hanging out with Junhui the most.

Vernon came up from behind Hanbyeol and Boyeong, quickly taking his little girl out of his wife's arms. The girl giggled, letting her father spin her out of her mother's arms and into his. Vernon smiled at Hanbyeol, ruffling her hair with his free arm. "Because Uncle JiJi is mean little bean."

Hanbyeol giggles again, Uncle JiJi's a mean wittle bean." She repeats, smiling back at her father. "Uncle JiJi always been a mean wittle bean?" She questions, showing her sparkling eyes towards him. It made the boy melt, and almost drop his daughter, to be honest.

Vernon let out a chuckle, pretending the last few seconds didn't happen, nodding towards his daughter. He watched his wife look around for their other child, and he continued talking to Hanbyeol. "Uncle JiJi has always been a mean little bean."

"Beans?" Boseon explains, popping out of his hiding place. All three of his family members looked at him, questioning why he came out when 'bean' was said. "I want beans!" He cried, thinking they were talking about dinner and not his uncle Jihoon.

Boyeong quickly scooped up her son, sighing at his odd behavior towards beans. "There you are." She states, watching the little boy frown. He was distracted by food. "No beans for you, unless you apologize for stealing your sister's toy."

Boseon pouted, turning his head away the best he can. He could still see Boyeong in his peripheral vision, but that didn't matter to him. "I don't wanna." He whines, ignoring his mother's glare. "I don't wanna." He repeats, scrunching his nose. Also a habit he'd gotten from Wonwoo, but it made sense, seeing as he hung out with that uncle more.

Boyeong sighs once again, "What a shame. And I was going to invite Uncle Wonu today." She states, gaining her son's full attention. The two children obviously had their own 'favorite uncle', Boseon's being Wonu, Hanbyeol's being Junhui.

"Uncle Wonu?" Boseon explains, making Boyeong wince a bit, seeing as he was right next to her. Literally. A smile grew on his face, "Uncle Wonu's coming over?"