80

The group of nine sit at their own table in the JYP café, speaking amongst themselves in multiple conversations. Boseon, Hanbyeol, and Hyunjin were in their own world, talking about the wonders of bees. Uyeong is having a small debate about fandom names with Suyeong and Yujin. While Mingi is watching random cat videos on his phone with Minhwan and Chanhyeok. All was perfectly fine, just the nine having fun after promotions.

Although the fact that bees have tiny, little teeth on their wings was extremely interesting to Hyunjin, he got distracted as he looked at the table of his friends. "Wow," he lets out, stopping conversation between the trios. "We've all been wanting to debut for the longest time, and here we are. All nine of us, under two companies, being successful rookie groups."

"Hey, we were talking about how cute bees were," Hanbyeol starts, pouting as she crosses her arms over her chest. "We didn't want this sappy shit."

"Language, Riles," Uyeong comments, rolling his eyes. "But, I have to continue in for Hyunjin. We've come so far, and honestly, I wouldn't have been happier without you guys," he tells them, both Hanbyeol and Mingi specifically.

"Even if Riles and Alex had all that pressure from their parents' careers, they got past it," Mingi continues, smiling over at the Chwe siblings. "Like, if I had parents who were famous, I'd probably stay far away from the idol scene. But you guys didn't, and I'm so proud of you."

"I am peacefully eating my food, I do not want added salt, thank you very much," Hanbyeol tells the group, hearing the boys chuckle at her comment. "Mingi's supposed to be the emotional one, not me," she lets out, feeling tears well up at her eyes.

Boseon and Hyunjin hug her from their individual sides, both telling her how much they loved her. It went down the table, the rest of them butting in their love for the girl as well. Soon, Mingi had tears welling up in his eyes. "Usually I'm offended at what Riley says about me, but I can't help but ignore it," he mumbles, sniffling a bit.

Uyeong leans over from beside the youngest, throwing his arm over his shoulders. "We love some emotional maknaes, don't worry, Min," he gushes, cooing at the younger boy.

"Can you believe we're literally crying in the JYP café as if no one can see us?" Chanhyeok questions, chuckling. "We really aren't ready for our first wins, honestly."

"Let us be emotional and shit, you heartless boy," Minhwan sobs, clinging onto said boy's side. "We're trying to make memories and you're ruining it."

After minutes go by of the nine just sitting their and reminiscing memories, their managers finally shut down emotional wreck central to get them to their own dorms. They say their goodbyes, all but two leaving the cafe.

Boseon and Hanbyeol stood at the doors, smiling at each other. "You know," Boseon starts, ruffling the girl's hair up. "I've never been so proud of you, little sis. Honestly. There's not a point in our life together where I haven't been proud, of course. But, these past few months, you've showed me how much you've grown, and how much you'll keep growing."

Hanbyeol looks up at him, getting a quick glance at him before she hides her face in his chest, wrapping her arms around his torso. "You sappy piece of shit, I love you so much, oh my God," she mumbles, the boy's chest muffling her words.

He chuckles, hugging her back and patting her head. "I love you too, annoying piece of shit," he comments, feeling the girl hit him in the back repeatedly.

"Alex, come on," Yujin shouts out the window, catching their attention. The boy was basically hanging out the window, waving for Boseon to come quickly. "We'll leave without you, and don't think we won't!"

Boseon shakes his head, letting out a sigh a contentment. He looks back down at Hanbyeol, seeing that she was already looking up at him. "I guess I'll see you the next time we're promoting, Riles," he tells her, pulling away from the hug. He waves her goodbye as he walks towards the car, not even facing away from her.

Hanbyeol lets out a big laugh when he runs straight into the cat, almost crashing into Yujin's body. She waves him off, "See you then, Xander," she calls out, shaking her head.

The van soon drives off, leaving the girl in front of the café. A honk comes from a nearby van, Mingi hanging his own head out of that one. "Come on, slow poke! We might miss the new episode of We Bare Bears 2!"

Hanbyeol smiles at the boy, rushing towards the side of the car and getting in quickly. "Nothing like We Bare Bears 2," she comments, sitting in between her two friends, continuing a conversation with them as the van drives off.

Across town, two familiar adults sit on their living room couch, watching the television in front of them. Music blaring from the speakers, huge smiles on both of their faces. At the moment, HMU's performance at M Countdown was playing on the screen, after Boys' Hour's performance at the same program. And on the couch, sat the parents themselves, Vernon and Boyeong Chwe.

"I'm so proud of those two," the woman comments, the music quieting down as the performance ended. "They've both gone so far. They've all gone so far, all nine of them," she continues, letting out a sigh of happiness.

"They've made each and every one of us proud, parents and other supporters included," the male continues for her, leaning back into the couch to throw his arm over his wife's shoulder. "And to think, that used to be us back in the day."

"I don't think anyone can beat our meeting, though," Boyeong tells him, snuggling into his side. "Not even our wonderful kids."

"You never know," Vernon states shrugging slightly. "Knowing our kids, they might do better than us. Way better."