38

A year has passed since Boseon and his four friends had passed his auditions at Pledis, and he had been training none stop ever since then. Hyunjin had been helping the four of them ever since, just like he promised, and the four had heard amazing news: they were able to debut together in a group.

"Oh my God, Xander, we're debuting!" Suyeong repeats, hugging the life out of the said boy. He pulls back, keeping his hands on his friend's shoulders. "We've wanted this for so long, and we're finally getting it."

"The CEO even said you'd be main singer," Yujin starts, giving Boseon light punches. "Your parents would be so proud. Are you kidding? We're proud!"

Boseon looked over at Hyunjin, noticing how happy he looked as he talked to Minhwan and Chanhyeok. Boseon smiled at the two boys in front of him, walking over to the oldest. "You deserve this the most, Hyunjin," Boseon tells the boy.

Hyunjin looks at him, smiling. The oldest pulls Boseon into a hug, feeling his arms wrap around him as well. "I wouldn't have done it without it you guys, trust me," he replies, the boys hearing sniffles come from him.

Boseon pulls back, seeing tears rolling down the boy's cheeks. He lifts his hand up, wiping them up for his friend. "And we wouldn't have done this without you," he responds, smiling at him. "Let's get to my parents and tell them the good news. I'm sure we'll get something sweet out of it for once."

Meanwhile, back at home, Hanbyeol walks in with her two close friends. "Xander really thought he could compete against me, and win?" Hanbyeol asks herself, although Mingi and Uyeong were right behind as she walked into the kitchen. She spotted her mom, smiling. "He's wrong."

"Who's wrong?" The woman asks, setting a tray down for the three teenagers. "Hopefully it's Boseon, and you're not out to get another student," she continues, smiling at the three. "Mingi, Uyeong, nice to see you two again."

"Xander is who's wrong," the daughter replies, not letting her two friends say hello back to her mother. They sat down on the barstools, eating the snacks. "For the past few weeks, we've been waiting for those audition results, the ones we've been talking about. You know, just us two."

"Did you get your results?" Boyeong asks, leaning her arms on the counter as she smiled at her daughter. She watches her nod, including the two boys. "That's great, you guys! You'll be going on stages with your brother one day, I just know it."

"No, if he wants it to be competition," she starts, taking a bite out of one of the snacks. "It's going to be a competition."

"Riles, we're going to be a band," Uyeong reminds her, catching her attention. "To go against your brother, who will debut in a group, is pretty hard. Bands don't get as much recognition as groups do."

"Well, we'll be the first band to do so," Hanbyeol tells him, smiling at the boy. "We're going to be the best Kpop band there is, even Day6 will hear of us and quake."

The front door opening is heard from the kitchen, the four hearing the sound of Boseon and his four friends. The boy rushes into the kitchen, saying a quick hello before he shared his news: "We're going to debut soon!"

Hanbyeol and Boyeong's eyes widen, and they quickly rush over to the boy to give him a 'congratulations' hug. "That's amazing, Xander," Boyeong replies, pulling back from the hug. "Did the CEO tell you what your name would be?"

"Actually," Yujin starts, walking up behind Boseon. "He let us pick it. It's going to be Boy's Hour, like we've planned it to be this whole time."

"Xander, that's great, really," Hanbyeol tells him, finally letting go of the older. He questioned her kindness, seeing as she always worried about their competition nowadays. "Can I be nice to you for once? You're debuting, Xander. My big brother's debuting," she says with a pout.

Boseon put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his side. "My poor Riley Bug," he states, hearing her whine. "You'll debut one day, you just have to find that company of your's."

"She already has," their mother tells the boy, walking back behind the counter near Mingi and Uyeong. "These three passed JYP auditions."

Boseon looked down at his younger sister, his own eyes going wide. "And you didn't tell us?" Minhwan cuts his friend off, taking Hanbyeol from his hold. Minhwan's hands stayed on her shoulders, shaking her profusely. "Why didn't you tell us?"

Chanhyeok stopped the boy, "Minhwan, no need to shake her," he tells the boy, looking down at the girl. "She'll see she can't beat us, Boy's Hour."

"Guys, she's just a kid, you might not want to put her down like that-" Hyunjin starts, this being the first time he met Hanbyeol. He obviously didn't know the girl's ways.

"Oh, please, shorty," the girl starts, cutting Hyunjin off as she stared up at Chanhyeok. "You'll see who beats who in the end, and it's not going to be you."

"Can't we just like, normally perform as groups or bands-" Suyeong starts, not wanting a rivalry between the two groups of teenagers.

"It's on, pipsqueak," Chanhyeok threatened, smiling down at her. "First achievement is having the better debut, so the results won't be in until your promotions for your debut are done."

"Let the competition begin," she responds, smiling back at the boy. She poked his chest, "You have to understand, what you haven't seen, is our secret weapon. Your weapon, isn't so secret. I've seen you practice multiple times. Remember that," she tells them, signally to her two friends to start making their way to her room.

"She's right," Minhwan starts, sighing. "She's seen us practice, well, without Hyunjin, anyway. But, we've never seen her practice. She has to be good a playing whatever she plays, or JYP wouldn't have taken her."

"Guitar," Boyeong answers, smiling at the boys as she called them over for snacks. "She plays guitar and sings. I've heard it. She's pretty good, and I'm not just saying that because she's my daughter."

"What about the others?" Yujin asks, sitting down in front of the woman. Soon being scoot over by Boseon, sitting in the seat beside him.

"Mingi plays keyboard and sings lower keys, Uyeong on drums and raps," Boyeong continues, nodding slowly. "I walked in on one of their practices once. Seems like they've produced a whole song already."

"Well, we've got Xander," Yujin replies, throwing his arm over his shoulders. "He's a great producer!"

"I write songs, Yujin," Boseon starts, moving his friend's arm off of him. "And I haven't even wrote anything, I've wrote lines, Yujin. Singular lines."

"Well, that's one step closer," Minhwan encourages, leaning on Boseon from the other side of him. "Don't worry, Xander. We've got this."