34

Ten-year-old Hanbyeol walks into the house, trying to do her best at keeping quiet so her parents wouldn't hear her. She looked down at her hands, looking at the heart-shaped card she couldn't fit in her backpack, sighing. She really needed to text Boyeon for advice on this; this meaning boys.

Yeah, yeah, she's a ten-year-old, she doesn't have to worry about it. Now, imagine being the daughter of Vernon and Boyeong Chwe. That card isn't for Hanbyeol herself, but for her parents; thanking them, and she quotes, for 'carrying the kpop industry on their own backs.'

Over the years, the amount of fan letters just got ridiculous. She just wanted to go to school and be known as Hanbyeol, not the daughter of two superstars of South Korea. She wondered what her older brother did with the fan letters, or if he even got any.

Once she had gotten inside, quietly and safely, she let out a sigh of relief. She spotted the trashcan the family had placed in the entrance room, reaching over to throw it away. As soon as the paper hit the trash bag material, her brother came barging in through the front door.

"I'm home!" Boseon shouts, grabbing everyone the attention of not only everyone in the house, but most likely the neighbors as well. "And I have heard about Riles' new bestie! Saw them walking out of the school together!"

Boseon walks over to his little sister, lacing their arms together, continuing on to the living room. Fortunately, both parents were in the room, waiting for the two of their kids to get home. "Did some snooping, turns out his name is Crystal Park and a year younger than both her and Mingi," Boseon continues, sitting down on the couch with Hanbyeol.

"Oh, really?" Boyeong questions, watching her daughter smile brightly and nod quickly. "You must really like having another friend around, Riley Bug."

"It's different, since I've had boys around me all my life," she states, nodding along with what she was saying. "It makes me understand how you hung out with so many boys, mommy."

Vernon chuckles at that, "Your mom surely did not like hanging out with girls, unless they weren't all girly," he comments, smiling at his wife.

She gave him a simple glare, looking back at her daughter with a loving look. "I'm sure Crystal will understand as she grows up, that girly girls doesn't go far with girl's personality."

Boseon chuckles beside Hanbyeol, it sounding a bit pain. "When?" He asks in a pained voice, whispering slightly.

The other three bust out laughing at Boseon's comment, the boy looking at them as they laughed. "I'm not joking, when?" He questions, huffing.

Boyeong finally stops, wiping at her tears of laughter. "Trust me, Xander, they'll stop soon. They'll start wearing makeup, but they will stop being elementary girly girls."

"Ew, makeup," he comments, scrunching up his nose in disgust. "Makeup's gross."

"Sweetie, your mom wore makeup for a living," Vernon tells his son, smiling at his wife with a smile.

"Sweetie, your dad wore makeup for a living, as well," Boyeong continues for said male, returning the smile. "Except I did it better."

Vernon pointed at the girl, his free hand going over his chest in offense. "I did not sign up to be bullied, I signed up for marriage."

"You signed up for both, buttercup," Boyeong retorts, turning to her children once again. "Now, Uncle Cheol and Geon said they would be over here with Boyeon, so go get your backpacks in their place."

Both kids nodded quickly, rushing out of the living room. Once they were out, Boseon made sure their parents weren't able to hear them. "Riles, can I ask you something?"

Hanbyeol looked at her brother, nodding her head. "Of course, Xander. When did I ever tell my big brother no?" She questions, giggling.

"What was that letter you threw away before I walked in?" He asks, watching her nod again. "I saw it in the trash, it looked like a heart," he continues, staring off as his sister's smile fell. "Oh my gosh, do you have an admirer?" He asks, looking back at Hanbyeol's face, noticing her frown. "Riles?"

"It was another one of mom and dad's fan letters," she responds, giving him a smile. "You know, the usual."

Boseon stared at his sister, frowning at the sight of her being sad. "Riles, shouldn't your classmates know by now? You don't like getting those letters. Do I need to give them a little talking to?"

Hanbyeol giggles once again, "No, no," she replies, shaking her head. "My teacher already said something about it."

"Well, you should still leave it out somewhere mom or dad can find it, and not in the trash," he continues. "It might make them think you're sad about them being our parents."

Hanbyeol's face lights up in shock, the little girl starting to rush towards the entrance room. "You're right! Oh my gosh!"

Boseon chuckles, smiling at his little sister. He watches her rush back, a smile on her face. "Let's get these backpacks in their place and wait for Boyeon," she states, as if that letter situation never happened.

"Backpack time!" Boseon shouts with the same enthusiasm, rushing ahead of the brunette girl.

"Hey!" She shouts, sound quite offended by her brother's headstart. She started running after him, pouting. "That's not fair, Xander!"