Deal

Caine clearly hadn't trusted her to return, despite Eleanor's life on the line. As the last of her pack disappeared, his wolves seeped from the tree line.

Her eyes sought Caine's, his already locked into her. Slowly she walked towards him, leaving Liam's house behind her. As she reached them a familiar scent caught her attention, but with a strong gist of wind it was gone.

"Good Girl." Caine purred, distracting her from the scent, as she stopped just in front of them. "I think you deserve a reward."

Cassidy bit her tongue, trying to stop a tirade of abuse from falling past her lips. Caine's hand rose into the air, his fingers clicking.

Cassidy waited.

The sounds of struggling and a muffled scream filled the night as Elenor was thrown at Cassidy's feet.

"She betrayed you. I know you Cassidy, you'll want to make her pay. You have the lust for revenge just like I do. So here is your chance. Punish her." He urged, his eyes alight with the promise of bloodshed.

He wasn't wrong. Cassidy had always sought justice and revenge. She'd killed his father part in self defence, but part in blood lust - driven by the need to take revenge for killing her father and for torturing her and her friends.

This was different though, this was Elenor. The woman who'd save her life, Leah's life and probably countless others. To Cassidy's wolf, Elenor's shivering, bound and gagged form posed her no threat. Sure she was angry with her, but she had no interest in seeing her die.

Elenor shuffled to her knees and for a moment Cassidy thought she was going to run, until Leon stepped forwards and gripped her neck, causing Elenor to whimper under his hold.

Cassidy's stomach churned, anger and fear wrapping itself around her. "I don't want her to die. She doesn't deserve to die." Cassidy spoke directly to Elenor, trying to catch her eye. "Yes, you did a bad thing, you betrayed me - you betrayed your pack, but that doesn't make you a bad person and certainly doesn't mean you deserve to die." Tears slid slowly from the corners of Elenor's eyes as their eyes locked. Elenor looked beaten, resigned to her fate.

Both she-wolves knew that Cassidy's words were pointless, whether it was by her hand or not, Elenor would no doubt die this evening.

"Well it doesn't matter if you don't want her dead, I do." Caine snapped, kicking her for effect. "She ruined my plan. I'd fully intended to leave a few extra dead bodies around the place - I do love to make an entrance," his smile widened, "Maybe, the next body would have been that Alpha that you reek of."

Cassidy's growl silenced Caine's monologue. "He is mine. You promised not to touch him." Both her and her wolf roared in unison, sending birds flying from nearby trees. The world seemed quieter as the echo of her voice died in the night.

Caine's eyes narrowed, his fists curling at his sides. "You're mated to him?" It was his turn to send wildlife scattering this time. He stormed towards Cassidy and brutally tore at the neck on her shirt, shoving her head to each side, he checked for a mate claim. "No. You haven't. If he's yours, then why haven't you mated with him?" Caine snapped, a hint of mockery in his tone.

"Because. I. Well. I...." Cassidy stuttered. She was trying to remember all the reasons she had for not mating with Jake and struggling to come up with any. Why hadn't she, again?

She was sure there was something, there must have been. Something that was stopping her from mating with the wolf who she had a feeling she might love. The wolf who she was sure was her mate. She'd never felt so foolish before, all this time she'd tried to reject Jake, all this time she'd been causing them both pain, and for what? To save him from the wolf that had found them anyway?

Her silence was chased with Caine's hard laughter. Elenor flinched, still snivelling under the grip of Leon. "Looks like you're all mine, mate." Caine whispered, hovering dangerously close to Cassidy. Caine motioned with his head for his wolves to grab her, heavy chains swinging from their hands.

Cassidy's Wolf screamed at her to run, but she knew that if she resisted then Caine would kill Elenor, her pack and Jake.

She hung her head, allowing them to walk towards her. Her body twitched as her wolf fought for control, she didn't want to give in, this was not how she planned to go out.

The wolves reached her and pulled at her limbs, clasping heavy chains around her wrists and ankles until she was shackled. She couldn't run anymore. Caine watched the entire display, a sick smile playing on his lips. She wasn't sure she'd ever seen him happier.

"Go get the cars started, I want to be out of here before they realise we have her." Caine instructed some of his men.

He turned slowly towards Elenor, his eyes flickering between her and Leon, "kill her." He ordered as casually as you may order a cup of coffee, before he stalked off ahead towards the perimeter.

Cassidy fought and screamed as hands reached out and began to drag her away, the shackles bit into her flesh, their metal laced with silver causing her skin to blister.

The silver was beginning to drain her power, it would make her sicker and sicker the longer she was in these shackles. Behind her, Leon pushed Elenor to the floor. Cassidy fought harder, trying to twist out of the grip that held her, desperate to help save Elenor. Elenor whimpered but didn't move, didn't even flinch as Leon pulled a knife from the waistband on his trousers.

"Elenor, fight!" Cassidy screamed, begging the she-wolf to at least try to save herself, but a hand slammed across her mouth, silencing Cassidy's protest, an arm wrapping around her torso. The burning silver brought tears to her eyes, as another pair of hands grabbed her feet and they carried her across the woods, her strength slowly slipping from her body.

In the distance she could see three cars lined up on the edge of Jakes territory. Cassidy knew that the moment she left the packlands this would all be over, there would be no hope for her.

She was crying, heavily now, as the reality of Caine set in. For so long she'd tried to avoid him, for so long she'd tried to keep her pack safe and in doing so she'd missed her chance to mate with Jake. The only thing that was holding her together was the knowledge that now that Caine had her, at least her pack and Jake would be safe from his wrath.

They reached the cars and Cassidy was set down onto her feet, she shuffled forwards towards Caine who held open the door for her as he barked instructions to his men. Just as she reached for the cool leather, Caine's voice made her pause, his words slicing through her like a knife.

"Go back and kill any wolves you find, but bring me the alpha. I think he should see me claim my mate, once and for all."

Cassidy's heart stilled, her blood running cold. She barely even had a moment to think before her wolf slammed against its restraints, desperate for control, desperate to stop Caine; hungry for blood.

**
A/N

Hello There!

Hope you've been enjoying An Alpha's Alpha so far! I just wanted to thank all of you for reading, voting, commenting etc. It means the world and I love to hear what you all think.

The end is in sight - though I feel like I've been saying that for ages - this time I promise, the end is near!

V_F