Feeling

"Cassidy."

Her wolf growled, narrowed its eyes on her prey and then launched forward, teeth catching on fur, but her opponent was quick. He danced backwards, avoiding her killing blow.

She growled, lips curling back over her teeth. A low vibration hummed through her chest as she planned her next attack.

"Cassidy!"

Movement flickered in the corner of her eye, catching her attention. Her opponent took the chance and lashed out, claws digging into her front leg. She reared back and yowled, before darting to the left and aiming for the throat.

Again he moved in time, even in his wolf form, he laughed. Danger danced in his eyes, Cassidy's ears dropped backwards, her head lowering towards the ground, a growl growing within her.

"Cassidy." That noise. It was beginning to annoy her.

She spared the sound a snarl, before circling around her opponent again.

Anger. So much anger was flooding through her veins. Destroy. Murder. Get Revenge. Darkness was driving every move she made.

There was something else though. Something in the depths of her mind. Something bright, light and glowing. Something good, something....something important.

*

"Cassidy!" Kelsey yelled again, taking slow and steady steps towards the warring predators. Cassidy was lost to the wolf, unable to separate her wolf's drive for destruction from her own, human pain.

"Kels', please. Don't get too close." Liam urged, taking a step towards her but freezing when Caine's attention slid in their direction.

"I'll be OK, Liam," Kelsey whispered. Holding her hands out, palm down in front of her as she neared the wolves. Cassidy's eyes slid to her before back to Caine.

"Please Cassidy, Jake needs you." She whispered.

At the mention of Jake's name, Cassidy's wolf let out a low, loud howl tinged with pain. Kelsey flinched back away from the snarling predator.

"J, help me!" Kelsey shouted, eyes trained on Caine and Cassidy as the two angered beasts locked their paws, each fighting for the upper hand. Both of their bodies were littered with wounds, their breathing laboured. Their wolves were relentless in their pursuit of dominance, Caine, driven by his need to conquer Cassidy, and Cassidy driven by her anger toward Caine and her need for revenge.

"Hurry!" Leah shouted from beside Jake where her hands flitted over his still form, "we haven't got long left."

"I don't know how to talk her down," Kelsey yelled as J stepped beside her and crouched, her wolf in her eyes ready to pounce should the predator's attention shift towards them.

"We can't. She's so angry. This isn't Cassidy, it's her wolf that we have to convince. There is nothing in this world that will distract her wolf from killing the man who's made so many people she loves, suffer." J reasoned, eyes scanning the crowds for a solution.

"But it's Jake," Kelsey pleaded fruitlessly, "she has to do it for Jake."

"As far as her wolf is concerned, Jake is dead. She won't understand what we're saying. She won't listen to us."

Kelsey's head dropped forward, guilt flashed through J, she hadn't meant to dash her hope, but she had to understand.

"I-" J was interrupted by a low growl that slid across the clearing. "Doc! What the hell is he doing?" J screamed at Leah, who looked just as surprised as she did.