Black and White

The next morning at breakfast everyone looks at me in shock as I come down with white wings in stead of black.

"Mike! What happened?" Mom asks

"I thought you heard me shouting last night. The black ones went back in and...." I was saying then dad interrupted

"They went back in after only one day? Most angels and demons need at least a week before their wings are ready to retract. As expected of my son, always showing us up." Dad says with the usual proud father act.

"Yeah well these white ones come out right after the black ones." I said.

"Nii-chan's wings are pretty." Wendy says as she gets up from her sit and gets on my laps.

"Thanks Wendy." I said

"Can I touch them?" Wendy asks

"Maybe another day okay? They still hurt right now." I said

"Okay" Wendy says as she starts to eat off my breakfast.

"Mike-kun I'll call Craig-san to come see your wings today, is that okay?" Mom asks

"Yeah okay I guess." I replied.

"I wonder what kind of wings you'll have Wendy-chan." Dad says with a fantasised look.

"I want blue wings!" Wendy replies with a big smile.

"Don't tell him that Wendy-chan, you stupid dad might dye your wings blue." Mom says.

***

Later that day uncle Craig came by and he had his ever creepy scientist look on his face.

"Where is he? My precious Mike-kun." Uncle Craig asked

"Am here uncle Craig." I said coming downstairs with Wendy.

"Ahhh, beautiful, splendid, extraordinary, your mom and dad almost never let me see thier wings. I have to get a feather or maybe feathers."g Uncle Craig says with his creepy look.

"I don't know about giving you feathers just yet. They still hurt when I try to flap them."

"Oh am just joking Mike-kun, why don't we head to the practice room then I can do some simple tests." Uncle Craig says

"Okay I'm okay with that."

"I want to come too." Wendy says

"Anything for Wendy-chan. Let's go together." Uncle Craig says.

We went down to the practice room were Wendy was given a seat while uncle Craig and I stood at the center of the room.

"This maybe painful since your wings just came but please bare with it. If it gets too much we can always stop and continue next week." Uncle Craig says.

"Okay so what should I do first?" I asked

"Flight will be saved for when your mother and father are here. For now let's see if you can bring back your black wings."

"Alright....." I said as I started to think about black wings.

"Aaaaah!!!"

"Nii-chan!"

"Just a little more Mike-kun "

Then suddenly my white wings retract and the black ones appear.

"Wow that's amazing nii-chan "

"Yeah it didn't hurt as much as last night at least."

"Truly amazing Mike-kun, if you can get passed the painful week I think you'll be able to change wing colour any time."

"That would be great but I have an idea of my own."

"Really? And would that be?"

"Why don't I just show you?"

I retract my wings and begin concentrating then it comes again, the pain of retracting new wings over and over...

Then....

"Nii-chan how did you do that?" Wendy says running up to me from her chair.

I released a black wing on the left and white one on the right. It looked pretty weird but I liked it anyway.

"Utterly outstanding Mike-kun, I can't believe it. You've just made this trip a hundred times better for me. I need to analyse your bone structure again. We will definitely be continuing this next week."

"I can't expect any less from my son." Dad says walking in with mom.

"Yes it's very impressive but now you'll have back aches for weeks. No more practice for now." Mom says coming from behind Dad.