4. Breaking news

"Hanan habibty" her mother called out standing out her room.

"yes mama come in" she averted her gaze from the window which gave her a great view of her local neighbourhood to her mother.

"Hanan what's going on, you haven't been yourself for a week now " the lady enquired sitting on the couch facing where her daughter stood.

"Mama I'm fine, I've just been looking for another part time job to keep me busier" she bit her lower lip as she lied clearly not wanting to tell her mother ' she needs 3 million to buy a car for a tycoon ' who would even believe she met fawad in her neighbourhood ouff!

"Looks like you don't want to talk about it" her mother concluded then took some steps towards her "habibty you've gotten a marriage proposal from a family i know you wouldn't reject" she finished staring hopefully into her daughter's now wide eyes.

"Ya Allah, mama i just don't want to get married now. It doesn't matter which family it is, I'll still reject it" she explained moving away from the window.

"Oh you just wait and see they'll be here tomorrow since you've given a go ahead now bye " she smiled devilishly and before hanan could find her tongue she vanished out the room giggling. Why wouldn't mama wait? I just don't know why she doesn't understand me. I'm just not into that topic for now and with fawad's car on my neck.

______________________________

"Khaleel what is this news? What do you mean she's not planing anything?" Fawad was overreacting which wasn't his ways but, Arezo made him that way.

"Fawad that's the truth, her secretary couldn't find out anything " khaleel explained taking a seat on fawad's couch.

"That's absurd. I just can't believe she has nothing up her sleeves" fawad sighed then walked to where his friend sat.

"I'm so sorry fawad but we could put on a tracker on her"

"Yes please do so" Arezo wasn't an easy going devil. You can't just put a gun on her temples and finish her off.

"You Know not everyday you say please right?" khaleel laughed and the punch he was waiting for landed on his arm making him laugh harder.

"But, you know fawad this house is getting emptier everyday i see it. The spaces and rooms in it, aren't they too much for you?" Khaleel tried not to sound supportive of Arezo's request but failed miserably.

"You know very much that this house is fine... just the way it is. I don't need anybody to complicate my life right now or even later" he explained and suddenly felt his stomach growl in hunger "rosa, rosaline where's the food? "

"It's ready now, Sir" his cook an italian lady in her late thirties appeared, wearing an ash uniform.

"What took you so long?" He asked not sparing her a look.

"I'm sorry, Sir"

"Get lost" she didn't need another word to rush out.

"Actually fawad i don't know how you ended up having a female cook" khaleel who wasn't done mocking him asked looking back at him.

"I myself don't know. The most important thing is she knows her job, let's eat I'm dying"

"Sure, i wouldn't want to miss a girl's cooking would i?" He laughed and fawad lifted his middle finger at him making him laugh harder as they approached the table.

______________________________

"Mama you can't do this" hanan whined throwing fits with her leg under the dining table.

"Oh yes i just did, you're not going anywhere cause I'm not sure you'd not escape from there"

"Papa can't you say something please " she looked at her father who took his breakfast calmly.

"Naah, young lady I'm not going to argue with your mother after serving this delicious breakfast" he suppressed his laughter still not meeting hanan's eyes.

"Oufff....ya Allah" she cried and carried her lazy legs upstairs. She could hear her father laugh as she stomped her way up.

"Wear this one" the pink stoned gown stared straight at her. She loved the dress but, she was angry with both her parents for putting her on house arrest.

"Don't you like it? " her mother asked. She was sure hanan did but she wouldn't accept it but, today is a big day and she was sure hanan wouldn't reject this one.

"No, but since i don't have another one....yeah i can manage" hanan shrugged and took the dress making her way to the toilet.

After wearing the gown and fixing her shaylah, her mother gasped at the all grown princess. Kids just grow too fast

"Let's go down now, they're here"

"I will surely reject him. I don't know why you guys are this confident" she explained pouting but, she was disappointed for getting a giggle as a reply as they made their way down.

"Assalamu alaikum "they both said in unison as soon as they came down. She could smell different perfumes in the living room but, a particular one smelled like someone she knew but, her shyness won't let her raise her head.

"Come sit here binty " a lady whose voice sounded like she knew all her life grabbed her and made her sit close to her. The lady who admires hanan since the day she was born and couldn't be happier she's having her as a daughter-in-law.

"There's no need for any introduction since we've known each other for as long as i can remember iktee" hanan's mother announced making hanan feel awkward her eyes still on her feet.

"Ohh yes indeed and I'm sure kabeer knows her well too much" her father said chuckling with his friend the guy's father and instantly her head snapped up and the person she saw sitting infront of her made her skeleton jump out of her skin.

"Kabeer!!!" She yelled not sure if she was ready to accept that the boy she grew up with and spend her everyday life is here to ask her hand in marriage. His eyes was fixed on her as he waited for her reaction, completely forgetting their families were seated there.

"Hanan" he whispered the words to himself more than to her which made it sound like a prayer.

"You traitor, why would you do this to me ?" She wasn't sure why she was angry but, she was.

"Hanan mind your language. it's kabeer you're talking to " her mother who thought her daughter will like the suprise warned looking astonishingly at hanan. Her father was also suprised at her outburst, he also thought she'd be cool with it.

"I won't marry him " she felt betrayed, he couldn't tell her his family was coming. She felt stupid even though she had known them since the day she was born. The anger made her heart break and a single tear slipped through her eyes before she ran upstairs.

.
.
.
.
.
Dedicated to: frufai01 and Phageus
Assalamu alaikum everybody how did i do? Did you like it? I really hope you do and please press that star for me and comment 😘😘😘
💙💙💙💙💙💜💜💜💜💜💚💚💚💚💚❤❤❤❤❤