4

Here we go again.

"What a pleasant surprise to find you alone here, Yassy." Nakatayo ako ngayon malapit sa grand piano, I really don't plan to mingle with anyone. This obligatory appearance is really a burden for me.

I dramatically sighed, "I wish I could say the same to you, Miranda." I plastered a fake smile. Of course, I'd bump into her. Couldn't expect less on her look as I eye her from head to toes. The It girl Miranda.

"Yassy, don't you get tired of this? Hindi na tayo mga bata pa." She flips her hair. Still dramatic.

"Took you so long to realize it." She rolls her eyes at me, "And congratulations on your wedding with Gianni. I've never been so wrong that you are gay."

Nanliit ang mga mata nito sa akin, Miranda will never back down when I mock her, "Correction, I only feel the love that I need with Gianni. Quit labeling people."

"Charming."

"You know what? I was actually talking with a person you were well acquainted with." Nanlamig bigla ang katawan ko, "Oh wait, there she is." Pipigilan ko sana ito pero huli na ang lahat...

Miranda's not aware how furious I am right now. I want to fit her inside the garbage bin and throw her to the polluted waters of China.

"Quinn!" The audacity of this girl!

I felt someone's presence behind me but I dare not to face it. Miranda's wearing a smug look.

"Did you just call me Quinn?" I heard the person behind me say. Narinig ko ang pagtawa ni Miranda.

This bitch.

"Forgive me, cousin. I couldn't stop myself from dropping my card to Yassy." I looked at Miranda contemplating if I should really fit her inside the trash. Deep breath, Yassy. You're wearing a gorgeous long dress and playing a role of a sophisticated, well mannered lady.

"Really now?" A familiar girl said habang nakatingin sa akin, "Hi, Yassy. It's been a long time since we last saw each other and I love your dress." Bumeso na sa akin si Dr. Kasmir Sy.

I smiled at Kasmir genuinely, "Yeah, I guess we gotta hold the hang outs for the time being, Dok. And I know that Erica got you preoccupied, not that I mind." Just a little. I still have a little crush on your girlfriend who I just saw two days ago. No sexual encounters though.

"Wait, you two are friends?" Turo ni Miranda sa aming dalawa ni Kasmir na nagtataka, "Why didn't I know this?" Her question directly points at Kasmir.

"I work with Reece and she introduced me to Yassy and we clicked. I remembered the first time that I met Yassy, I found my face on the cover of a Newspaper next in the morning." Tumawa kaming pareho ni Kasmir. That happened way too long ago and tama si Kasmir, it was very eventful on Reece's part.

"Which concludes that you don't read Newspapers, Miranda." Tapos ko.

"If it came from a bias reporting then I'm not interested. I opt to stay away from nonsense things." Taray naman na sagot ni Miranda.

"Calm down, cousin. What's with the beefing?"  I guess Kasmir is not fully aware of how this young inner circle rolls.

"She's not a fan of mine."