16

"Let's start over. Good morning, Yasmine."

It's 8 in the morning and those are the words that greeted me. And also how fresh she smells and how irritatingly radiant she looks. Itinali ko ng mahigpit ang robe ko saka binuksan ng maigi ang mga mata ko. May sayad na nga siguro itong si Quinn. I looked at her weirdly.

"What are you doing here?" I told Quinn, "How'd you know where I live?"

"I made breakfast." Ipinakita nito ang dala niyang paper bag, "Eggs benedict, your all time fave... if it haven't change yet." Naamoy ko ang dala nito at agad na nagreact ang sikmura ko. Screw you.

I stepped on the side to let her in, "Thought I will still have to try harder to get in." Ngumiti ito at inikot ang paningin sa loob, "Nice place for someone who wants to be alone." Isinara ko na ang pintuan ko. I try to take in what's happening right now.

"What are you doing, Quinn?"

Ngumiti lang ito sa akin, "Where will I put this?" I eyed the bag.

"Excuse me." Dumiretso na ako sa banyo para makapagsipilyo at maghilamos. Pinagmasdan ko ang sarili ko sa salamin. I forced myself to freshen up even if I'm still so sleepy.

"Let' eat." Aya nito. The table is already set, "I hope you don't mind me going around your kitchen." May magagawa pa ba ako?

I took my seat and stared at my plate, "I only eat half of banana then a punch of caffeine every morning." I took my fork to pick a little piece of the Eggs benedict. Quinn is just watching me silently, "It tastes okay." As always. Napangiti ito at nagsimula na rin itong kumain.

"I can see that it's still Eggs benedict. I'm glad."

Tumigil ako sa pagkain dahil nakalahati ko na ito kaagad, "It already changed and I haven't eaten this in ages." She doesn't look convinced.

"I've been told that you took a time off from show business." May kinuha ito mula sa bulsa niya, "Maybe you can drop by to my exhibit. We will be open until the end of the month." She slides a piece of a ticket in front of me.

Un pezzo d'amore

Ito iyong pinagkakaguluhan ng mga tao noong isang araw. "Oh, that's your...exhibit." I read the details, "My cousin told me that it means, A piece of Love, in English. You must be showing great stuff there."

"She's right, it means A piece of Love. I showcase my paintings, some are photography displays from my escapades. I'd be delighted if you come see." I stopped for a second to realize.

She finally did it. At least someone achieved their dream.

I took a deep breath and slides the ticket on the side,"I will try, no promises though." I took again another bite, "Your cousin slash my neighbor told you where I live. I'm quite surprised that it took you long enough to show your face here."

"I should've known that you were looking forward for my visit but twelve hours was the fastest I can do because Bea mentioned you to me only last night. Let me make it up to you." Ayan nanaman ang mga pilyang linyahan ni Quinn.