Chapter 1: Pasts We Refuse To Remember - Daily Life

"Good Morning everyone! It is 7:00 am, time to start the day! I'll explain more in the cafeteria!" Monokuma's annoying voice woke Shuichi up.

He drowsily got out of bed and changed into his uniform, Randy doing the same. She also put on a black beach hat.

"I wonder how this...murder thing is gonna work out," she said in a monotone voice.

"Oh I can only imagine," Shuichi sighed. He didn't know how to explain to anyone he knew what was happening.

They walked out of their dorm together, bumping into Caleb.

"I-I'm so sorry!" she said quickly before running off. Suddenly, Ishi ran past us. Was he...chasing her?

"The Scientist paired with the Cheerleader. I kinda feel bad for her," Randy looked at the two before continuing to walk.

"Wonder what he's trying to do."

"Nothing Caleb wants to do," Randy rolled her eyes.

The two reached the cafeteria, where everyone was. Well, everyone but Ishi, Caleb, and... Mio?

"Where's the other mute?" Ian raised an eyebrow.

"She... has refused to leave the dorm. She doesn't quite like her talent to say the least," Meken gave a saddened shake of his head.

"I would too," Maki muttered. "Is cotton candy still running from Ishi?"

"Yeah," Shuichi answered, assuming she meant Caleb.

"Well, the three of them will just have to miss my important speech!" Monokuma came from nowhere, standing at the lunch table.

"Where did you come from?!" Sam jumped, grabbing onto Jin's arm.

"It doesn't matter. Now, here's how killing people works!

"If you decided to kill someone, you can't just leave the school right away. You will be thrown into a class trial, where you all will argue using evidence. If you pick the right person, the killer, they won't leave and you'll survive another day! But if you pick the wrong person, I'll kill everyone besides the killer and they will go free!"

Everyone had nothing to say. What was there to say? They all glanced around the room, looking at each other. Who would kill? Everyone had their own assumption.

"There's also a traitor among you. Ok bye!" Monokuma left them with that information.

"A traitor?" Joana put her hand to her chin.

"Someone working with Monokuma..." Shuichi said slowly.

"(I really wanna go home...)" Shuichi noticed Drae write on her whiteboard.

It was silent for a while. Until Caleb and Ishi entered. Caleb seemed relieved, while Ishi seemed quite annoyed. They both sat down, away from each other. Everyone then began talking again.

Shuichi sat down next to Himiko and Maki. "How are your roommates?" He asked.

"Jay is annoying and I hate him," Himiko said quickly.

"Really? With your talents, you'd think you two would be friends," Maki raised an eyebrow.

"Nope, I hate him."

"Well, what about you Maki?" Shuichi gave an awkward laugh.

"Okato is quite kind actually. They don't talk very much, though."

"...they?" Himiko looked at Maki.

"Yes. Okato isn't actually a boy. They're non-binary. They were actually a girl before."