Chapter 4: Bring it Back Around - Daily Life

"Good Morning everyone! It is 7:00 am, time to start the day! This time, we added the fourth floor! It has more classrooms, a bouncy castle room, and, uh, that's it. Have fun!" Monokuma laughed.

"Did he just say... bouncy castle room?" Randy questioned.

"That's...not strange whatsoever," Shuichi got out of bed.

The two went to the cafeteria like every other morning. It was quiet, and Jonoa wasn't there. This time, Shuichi couldn't care less.

Maki was sitting next to Okato. He didn't want to bother them. He sat next to Lii, who seemed blue.

"You ok?" Ian asked before Shuichi could.

"No. I really like Jonoa but..." she didn't have the finish her sentence.

Shuichi got up and went to the kitchen. He came back with a box of the endless supply of Pocky. "Here."

Lii looked at it for a few seconds before taking it. "Thanks," she smiled.

"There's a whole lifetime supply in the kitchen," he informed them.

"Guess the bear's got a sweet tooth," Ian chuckled.

Shuichi had barely seen him smile, but around Lii he was different. He liked that difference.

They ate their breakfast and walked out.

"Hey, Shuichi, wanna come with us and explore the bouncy castle room?" Lii asked.

"Wait what," Ian didn't agree with it.

"Uh, sure?"

The three walked to the fourth floor and down the hall. Before they reached it, however, there was a strange room with no label. Ian opened it.

A blank white room with a door to the side. That door was locked.

"Huh, strange," Ian walked out.

They made their way to the room. Sure enough, it was a padded room filled with bouncy castles and such.

"You have got to be joking," Ian adjusted his glasses.

"Why is this here?" Lii asked.

"I couldn't even try to tell you," Shuichi shook his head.

They all sat down in one of the castles, Pop music blasting throughout the whole room.

"Hey, have you been back to the gaming arcade?" Shuichi asked.

"No," Ian shook his head.

"Really? You're the Ultimate Gamer."

"Yeah, and I'm ultimately not gonna play shitty Monokuma versions of actually good games I own. Like, Monokuma Hearts? And Perkuma?"

Of course, Shuichi didn't know what games the bear was ripping off, but he did get what he meant.

"You got really mad when we saw Perkuma," Lii giggled.

"Because all the Personas were just different colored Monokumas! It takes the fun away from the collecting," he huffed.

Shuichi laughed a bit. He definitely liked this Ian better.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Himiko. I know you two were really good friends," Lii sighed.

"It's fine, she's in a better place now," he smiled sadly. She was finally with Tenko and Angie again.

"You can say that again. It's better than this hell."

"Ian," Lii glared.

"What?! I'm not lying!"