Chapter 1: Pasts We Refuse To Remember - Deadly Life

Everyone was looking in horror at the scientist who only wanted to help. Sure, a lot of people didn't like him too much. But, he was still important.

"It sad isn't it?" Monokuma said.

"What are you doing here?!" Mio yelled at the bear. "And you're the reason this happened!"

"Technically, you could've all just died from starvation and it would've been fine."

"Sure, 'fine'," Sam rolled his eyes.

"Well, I came here to give you guys all your MonoPhones!"

Monokuma gave everyone what looked like just a normal phone with his face plastered on the back.

"Student bios, a map of the school, and Monokuma Files can be found on here! Also, you can call and text your fellow students! But not the police or anything, we banned those numbers."

"Monokuma Files?" Jonoa asked.

"Yup! Basically the autopsy! Have fun, I'll tell you where to go later!" The bear disappeared.

"What, we all gotta be Shuichi's now?" Meken sighed.

"Seems like a waste of time. The killer is obviously Caleb. She was his roommate!" Mio shook her head.

"Where is she anyway?" Himiko looked around.

"Guess that can be something we do as well. Mio and I can guard the body so no one messes with it," Maki stated.

"What? Why me?" Mio glared at her.

"Because," Maki glared back. Mio gulped and stood with Maki in the bathroom.

"Wanna team up?" Himiko asked. Randy walked away.

"S-Sure," Shuichi nodded. He was still shaken by this whole thing.

"You don't mind if I join you two, do you?" Jay came over.

"Not at all," Shuichi said quickly, cutting off Himiko's 'No'.

The group of three walked over to the body, which Maki seemed to already finish investigating. "The Monokuma File is wrong."

"How so?" Shuichi looked at it.

The File had a picture of any wounds and a description of everything, along with the time it happened and what weapon was used.

"It says there were three wounds on his chest, but there's clearly only two."

"That is correct," Jay looked. "The murder occurred at 4:00 am?"

"I guess so, also the weapon was a knife. Was there one in here?"

"Yup, I saw Ishi had one in his weird coat," Mio groaned.

"Well, it's not in here," Shuichi sighed.

The three looked around the room for anything that could help them.

"Hey, look at this!" Mio yelled.

She had opened Ishi's hand, which had a corner of a piece of paper.

"Weird," Maki shook her head.

"I think I know where Caleb went," Jay pointed to the living room.

The three walked out there and saw Meken helping Drae climb into a vent. "It seems Monokuma hid vents in all the rooms behind the paintings," Meken looked over at them. "I assume, since the painting was already on the floor, that Caleb got out this way."

Drae got into the vent and started traveling along it. "I-I'll go, too," Shuichi stood on the bed, climbing in. "Don't get stuck!" Jay laughed.

Shuichi followed right behind Drae, who easily climbed through the small vent. They both jumped down, entering the cafeteria's kitchen. Caleb was next to the counters, passed out. She was holding a blood-stained knife.