Chapter 2: Actions Speak Louder than Words - Daily Life

"Good Morning everyone! It is 7:00 am, time to start the day! By the way, the second floor opened! It contains a library, mini theater, and classrooms! Yay!"

Shuichi woke up with a pit in his stomach. He didn't want to go to the cafeteria this morning, all he'd get was glares.

"Are you coming or not?" Randy asked.

"Why should I?" Shuichi sighed.

Randy pushed him off the bed. "Too bad, you're coming."

After a quick shower and a change of his clothes, Shuichi followed Randy to the cafeteria. Just like he thought, he got glares.

"Look, it's mister traitor here to say hello," Ian rolled his eyes. Lii punched him in the shoulder, which didn't get a reaction out of him.

"I-I swear, I'm not the traitor!" Shuichi tried to defend.

"'Then how did you know about Monokuma's deadly-ness?'" Drae wrote.

Shuichi couldn't explain. He didn't know how he could.

"I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation behind it. Besides, if he was the traitor, why would he try to save Maki?" Randy asked.

There was silence.

"Exactly. If anyone is suspicious here it's Jonoa for her sudden coldness yesterday," Randy looked at her.

"H-hey! I just didn't want to die ok? I already made up with Caleb, see?" she happily put her arm around the boy, who tried to struggle away.

"Hang on, why are you still wearing dresses? And that wig? We know you're a guy, no reason to hide it," Sam raised an eyebrow.

"I-I like dresses... and I d-don't like my hair," Caleb said as he freed himself from Jonoa's grasp.

Shuichi went to sit next to Maki and Himiko like he always did. But, Maki gave him a glare. He sat next to Sam instead, listening to his conversation.

"Want my muffin? I'm not hungry," Sam asked Jin.

"H-huh? But you haven't had any breakfast today?" Jin responded.

"I'm good, I swear! Besides, you're skinnier than me, you need more food."

"T-that's not true at all, but ok," Jin mumbled before taking the muffin.

Shuichi sighed, he missed talking with his two friends. He ate his food sadly.

Soon, people piled out of the cafeteria. 'Who to hang out with that won't kill me?' he wondered. Drae popped into his head.

He knocked on her dorm and she opened it, with some struggle.

"You don't mind if we hang out, do you?"

Drae smiled and moved so Shuichi could come in.

On the left side of the room were music sheets and a violin case, Sam's side. On the left was a bunch of coolers spread around, along with some carving tools. Drae seemed to be in the middle of something.

The small girl happily ran over to her set up and pat her bed. Shuichi sat down on her bed, assuming that's what she meant. The girl then began to carve into the ice, continuing where she left off.

It was quite relaxing, watching her work. Though, he wondered how it didn't melt. The room was quite cold, maybe that was it?

Once she finished, the ice had transformed into a cute cat sculpture.

"You like cats?" Shuichi asked as she put the ice in the cooler. She nodded, then grabbed her whiteboard.

"'My mom did, she loved them very much. Anything cute!'"