Separation

Laurie and Quentin were walking down the hall all alone since the nurse needed to attend to Bubba.
"So...how ya been, Laurie?"
"I'm fine...and you?"
"U-um...pretty fucking spook but I think I can handle it..."
They both chuckled, drawing closer to each other. Laurie never really thought of Quentin's existence since now. She was always with Jake Park and enjoying his company. Quentin Smith was just there, an everyday student. All that Laurie ever heard that recently his past girlfriend passed away from seeming to be murder.
"Tell me about yourself.." Laurie finally said after a long silence.
"Well, um...I'm a pretty nice guy...I don't get much sleep due to my pills...I mean I don't know why I even I take them! My parents tell me because of the nightmares I was having...which I don't think that the truth, pretty weird, huh?"
"Maybe..."
Quentin smiled, "How about you? You seem like you got a great story to tell!"
"Let's see, I was once chased by a manic before..never knew who the man was..but he was scary...real scary.."
"Oh jeez.."

"He was something...glad it's over..."
Once Laurie said that a sudden noise was heard making them stop walking and look behind them. It was him, the shape himself with his blue old jumpsuit and his iconic mask. Laurie had to check twice before seeing if this is the real thing. She wasn't dreaming nor making this up. The man came back to haunt her down again.
The Shape began to pick up the pace, and ready to stab, but Laurie ran off grabbing Quentin as well. With no talk, they ran as fast as they could but The Shape was somehow faster. They both ended up in two path hallway.
"Fuck! Where do we go now!?" Quentin panicked, "We got to get out of here!"
Before Laurie could think, The Shape stabbed between them, making them apart from their hands. This is it. The separation of Laurie and Quentin.
With pure fear, Quentin and Laurie took their own path and of course, The Shape followed Laurie's path.
Quentin ran and called out for help. He wished that he didn't split up from Laurie. She was his only hope, yet he left her alone too. This was bad, very bad indeed. He didn't know what to do and had lost hope already throughout these months. All he could do is run away from the terror and his fears. He wishes he was brave to face them off, but he was just coward is what he thought.
He slows down from the exhaustion of running. Seem like the man followed Laurie instead. He had to find a way to come back to her. Once he was about to think of a plan, he saw someone.
"Hello...? Is anyone there?"
"How dare you..."
"Fred? Oh my god! Fred! Thank god, you're here! I need your hel-"
"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!"
This was The Nightmare's chance to join in the fun.