Chapter 2

Jake pressed his mouth against my ear. "You look beautiful."

I squinted at the morning light streaming into the bedroom. It was too early for such sultry lies.

I threw the thick comforters off my body and pushed against the mattress in an effort to get out of the possessive bed and its god-like master, but I instantly felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me backwards and right back into the bed's clutches.

"Where are you going?" He murmured against my neck. "The morning is much more...raw."

"Sobriety just hit me like a rock," I grumbled. "I need a Big Mac asap."

Jake chuckled. "Well that's definitely the most honest excuse a woman's given to me."

"Something tells me then that your morning wood isn't as impressive as your hammered ass."

He scoffed. "How would you know? You won't even acknowledge that you are naked in my bed. Look under the sheets. You love it."

"Oh I love it, do I?" I said. "Then, tell me, Jake, why am I getting out of your bed right now with full intentions of reclaiming my dignity on the way out the door?"

I did as I said and managed to escape the plush haven to put my feet on a solid, cold wooden floor. Ignoring that unwelcome feeling of reality, I walked over to the window and stared out the penthouse at the New York City skyline next to me. It was definitely as magnificent as he had promised me. I could even see my penthouse from here.

"New York is getting a better view then I am," Jake whined.

I turned around. "New York probably had a better night than I did."

Jake placed his hand over his heart and faked a pained expression. "You don't mean that, Bambi."

"No, you're right. I don't mean that. New York had thirty nine winks, and I slept forty."

He grinned boyishly. "You're a peachy bitch at eight in the morning. How sexy."

I grabbed a sheet off his bed and wrapped it around my bare body. "And I'm even sweeter when I'm not about to collapse from a hangover. Help me out and I'll reward you."

Jake got out of bed. "What kind of reward?" He asked mischievously.

I walked over to him and drug a finger along his jaw. "A coupon for another night all expense paid by you."

"What a treat!"

I shrugged. "Try not to squeal too much, baby boy."

I grabbed my clothes that were scattered throughout the room. Unfortunately they were beyond repair due to the...ahem, impatience of last night. But I won't say with absolute truthfulness that it was Jake that ripped my bra into two pieces. But he was responsible for the dress and broken heeled shoes.

"Do you need a ride back?" Jake called towards me. He was heading to the bathroom and slipping into a loose outfit of workout shorts and a T-shirt that I would have expected of a college boy, not a CEO.

I shook my head. "My penthouse is only a couple blocks from here. I think I can manage walking barefoot in one of your shirts."

"My shirts? Bambi, my shirts are imported from Italy. If I let every girl have a souvenir, then what would that leave me?"

"Still just as rich as when I walked in?"

"That's not the point."

I waved him off and walked over to his closet. "I feel like thinking that I'm an exception. It helps the morale, you know?" I chuckled as I fingered through his collection of shirts before settling on a large white one just long enough to cover the most important parts.