Chapter 3

*Edited version of Chapter 3!*

______________________

Elsa

"Alright, well, here she is," Jack spoke as we approached his motorcycle side-by-side.

"Wow, I really hope that I don't fall off." I said nervously with a small grin.

"Don't worry, I won't let that happen. Here, I'll help you up." He said comfortingly and reassuringly motioned for me to stand next to it.

I walked up to the motorcycle hesitantly and slightly jumped when I suddenly felt his hands on my waist.

"What are you doing?" I asked, turning my head to look at him over my shoulder, raising an eyebrow.

"Helping you get on it."

I felt his hands hoist me up and I flung my leg over the motorcycle seat as he did so, adjusting myself awkwardly since I wasn't used to sitting on a motorcycle.

"Okay, are you good?" He asked, letting go of my waist and I looked over at him briefly. I nodded in response and he promptly got onto the motorcycle as well, sitting in front of me.

"Don't we need, like, helmets or something?" I asked anxiously, and he chuckled lightly.

"Sorry, I don't have a helmet. Plus, why would I have two if I'm the only one that rides on it?" He asked, making my cheeks heat up in embarrassment at the silly question.

I peeked over his shoulders to see him fiddling with the handles, and the engine sputtered briefly before it roared loudly, making me jump in my seat.

"Alright. Just tell me the way to Hiccup's house and we'll go. And I drive fast, so put your arms... here." He said, pausing, and reaching behind his back to grip my forearms gently. He gently wrapped my arms around his torso, and I cleared my throat awkwardly after he did so.

"Okay. So, you just exit the parking lot and go straight until the second stoplight. Turn right into the neighborhood and Hiccup's house should be the third house on your right after you turn the second left." I explained and he chuckled at my words.

"Alright. I'll just pretend I understood all of that." He joked and revved the motorcycle before he started driving out of the parking lot. I clutched onto Jack tightly and shut my eyes, my grip around him making him chuckle once again.

We began making our way to Hiccup's house, and I yelped with every turn. I could hear Jack laughing over the loud sound of the motorcycle engine, and I couldn't help but eventually join in.

Jack laughed and he took the last turn, leading us into the familiar neighborhood where Hiccup resided. Soon, he drove onto the driveway of Hiccup's house after spotting him walking through his front door and closing it behind him.

He revved his motorcycle one last time before turning off the engine and parking it accordingly.

Jack got off the motorcycle first and ruffled his disheveled hair, and he looked over at me with a smirk.

"Do you need help getting off?" He questioned, and I shook my head in response.

"I think I'm fine, thanks though," I replied simply, attempting to get off of the motorcycle on my own. I flung my leg over the seat and dropped down onto the ground, dusting myself off once I was back on my feet.

"I don't know if I can ride on a motorcycle ever again. That was honestly kind of scary." I said sheepishly, laughing at myself.

"We'll see about that. If you ask me, it seemed like you were having a good time." Jack replied playfully, a grin on his face. I nudged him lightly before adjusting my backpack, fixing the straps.