Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Elsa

It's already close to summer. It's June, and it's not winter anymore. Jack got out of the hospital months ago, but I still watch out for him.

Everything was peaceful, finally. Pitch got expelled and arrested for hitting Jack. Hic and I aren't having anymore problems, I believe. And I've been getting good grades in classes. Even though I had an F before I raised them up.

Me and Tooth have been getting along great. Hic and Jack fixed a few things. There was less drama and fights.

It's just the fact that school is ending and then it's off to college. And after that, our actual lives begin. It's pretty terrifying if you ask me. But everyone else in the entire world that's graduated from college did it, so why can't I?

~

~

Today we had the day off of school. After this week, graduation is here on Monday.

I was at home with Anna watching Mean Girls, again. We were both lying down with our legs on each other and everything, with the popcorn bowl on my stomach.

My hair was in a messy bun and I was wearing glasses with my yoga shorts and a tank top. "Are you nervous about graduation?" Anna asked.

"Yeah. It's pretty scary." I said smiling lightly. "I bet." She replied and got some popcorn. Mom walked in from the front door. She was bouncing everywhere, squealing.

"Mom are you alright?" I asked. "Elsa! I have great news!" She said and Anna paused the movie. "What is it?" I asked.

"You got accepted into university!" She squealed. Anna gasped and I stood up.

"Really?!" I asked and ran to her. She handed me an envelope. I read it and it said I got accepted for the college I applied for in California.

"Oh my gosh!" I said happily.

"Wait." Anna said. I turned around to face her. "Yeah?" I asked.

"The university is in a different state." She said. My heart dropped. "So... I have to move away." I trailed off. "And leave Burgess. Leave you guys. Leave Jack." I said.

"Elsa, you got accepted into college. You can't just turn that down." My mom said. "I don't know." I said.

"Maybe you and Jack should talk about it." Anna said. "He's out of town in Ohio to visit his dad and sister with his mom." I replied.

"Call him?" She asked. "He's busy the whole day."

"Ohhh..." Anna trailed off. "I'll try and talk to him at school on Thursday. So, tomorrow." I said. "Alright Elsa. Just think about it. It's your choice." Mom said and hugged me.

"I'm proud of you darling. You'll go far." She said and pulled away. She smiled at me and Anna before walking upstairs.

Anna and I sat back on the couch and played Mean Girls again, trying to forget about earlier. But I couldn't.

~

~

~

~

The next day...

I walked up to Jack by the lockers. "Hey Jacky. How are you?" I said and kissed his cheek before opening my locker. "Great. How are you?" He replied.

"I'm okay. How was Ohio? Did everything go okay?" I said and got my stuff. "It was actually really good. Dave got along with mom, but I still don't like him." He said smirking.