Chapter 4

*Edited version of Chapter 4!*

________

Chapter 4

Elsa

A few days later...

The past few days consisted of more of the same. Jack has been spending the majority of his time with us, which we all thoroughly enjoyed.

Jack and I were getting along swimmingly. After our intimate interaction on my front porch on Monday, the same day that we first met, we've had our fair share of moments that made me feel the same way I felt that rainy afternoon.

I couldn't really say that I had feelings for Jack since I literally just met him not too long ago. I was definitely able to say that I heavily enjoyed his company, and it was very noticeable to Hiccup, Merida, and Punzie.

Throughout the week, we had spent all of our time hanging out and getting to know Jack better. It was interesting to have Jack around us since his dynamic was new to us, and it made things exciting. Especially since this was our senior year, we knew that we were in for a treat for the rest of the school year.

It was now Friday morning, and I had already prepared myself for the school day.

I was fully dressed, and on a whim, I decided to wear Jack's leather jacket that he lent me.

I found myself sitting in the living room of my house, waiting for Merida to text me since she was usually the one to pick me up and drive me to school every day.

"Elsa? How come you haven't left for school yet?" I heard my mom ask from the kitchen, and I looked in the direction of her voice to see her standing by the kitchen counter, mug in her hand as she slowly sipped her usual morning coffee.

"Well, I'm just waiting for Merida to text me since she picks me up in the morning. Maybe she's just running a little late." I replied, also unsure of why Merida hasn't arrived yet.

It had already been five minutes past the usual time she gets me in the morning.

I decided to call Merida. I listened as the dial tone rang after I placed my phone beside my ear, and I sighed to myself as it continued to ring. I almost jumped in my seat when Merida finally picked up the phone.

"Elsa? What's up? Why are you calling me?" She spoke.

"What do you mean, Mer? Where are you? Are you running a little late this morning?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, wait... Jack didn't tell you?" She replied, and I furrowed my brows, briefly glancing over at my mom, and she returned the same look of confusion that I had.

"Huh? Jack didn't tell me what?" I continued to ask, utterly confused about the situation.

"Sorry, Elsa, but I have to go. I'll see you at school!" She said.

"Wait, Mer! How am I going to get to–" I spoke frantically until I was interrupted by the sound of the phone being hung up.

"School." I finished my statement blatantly, clicking my phone off in exasperation as I leaned back into the soft couch cushion with a frown.

"What's going on, Elsa? Do you have a ride to school this morning?" My mom asked, and I looked over at her.

"I honestly have no idea either, mom," I said, and stood up from the couch, adjusting my clothes underneath Jack's leather jacket and fixing my backpack straps.

"Well, do you want me to drop you off at school? You could have ridden with Anna earlier since Kristoff picked her up this morning." She replied, and I shook my head.