十四

"i wish it was easy to get over you.
i don't think you get what i've been going through"

"Alright hoes, you ready to do this?" Donghyuck whispered from his hiding spot in a bush.

Jaehyun gulped. "Absolutely not."

"Okay, let's go." Donghyuck smiled at the terrified boy in the bush next to him.

"I hate you guys," Jaehyun grumbled as he ran to keep up with everyone. The group stopped at the doors, where Step One of their plan took place. Mr. Jung usually had lots of security guards, but instead of fighting, they were gonna sneak.

Donghyuck nodded at the group before running behind the building. They stood outside for a minute or two before a screeching alarm rang throughout the building. The security guards abandoned their posts to go to the alarm system, so they took this opportunity to run through the doors and into the living room.

Mark was tapping his foot anxiously, and it was driving Jaehyun crazy.

"Look, I know you love him, but we have to keep going. He's smart, he will be fine." Jaehyun told Mark as he stepped on the tapping foot.

"L-love him?" Mark stuttered out, a blush spreading across his cheeks. Jaehyun rolled his eyes, they were totally in love with each other.

"Mark, it's your turn." Ten said to Mark, ruining his moment of self realization. The boys followed Mark down into the basement, where Ten pointed out the hole in the wall he used to talk to Taeyong.  Jaehyun got down to peek into the hole, but the room was empty.

"Taeyong?" He called out, but got no reply. Jaehyun's heart was racing as he thought of all the things his father could do to Taeyong.

"Jaehyun, I found him!" Ten whisper-yelled from down the hallway. Jaehyun joined him in front of the dreaded torture room, his anger and anxiety rising.

Mark looked at the door handle before working his magic. Ten and Jaehyun had no idea what he did, but the lock popped open with a soft click.  The door creaked on it's old hinges as the boys entered the room.

Ten patted him on the shoulder comfortingly.

"Mark and I are gonna go find Johnny. Be careful." The two left, leaving Jaehyun in the dark room. This room was painted with awful memories for Jaehyun.

He remembered when his father was obsessed with him being the leader. He would always take him into this  room and make him watch as he tortured people.

Jaehyun heard a groan from somewhere in the shadows of the room. He ran to the sound, expecting to find someone on the ground, but instead he ran into the hot flesh of someone on the wall.

"Jesus Christ, where's the light in here?" He asked as he moved a hand along the wall behind him. He sighed in relief when he came in contact with a small switch. The light flickered on and Jaehyun closed his eyes. He didn't want to see the sight in front of him again, not ever. His heart was breaking for Taeyong, he blamed himself for not being there to save him from the torture he endured.

"I'm sorry," he said over and over as the tears fell down his face. Taeyong gave him a shaky smile.

"Just get me down, dumbass."

Jaehyun nodded and slowly undid the chains holding his boyfriend to the wall. He didn't dare to look at Taeyong, to look at what he could have prevented. 

Taeyong noticed that Jaehyun was avoiding his gaze.

"It's okay, you're here now, aren't you? Or is this just a sick dream?"

Jaehyun got Taeyong's hands free and caught him before he collapsed to the floor.

"I'm here," Jaehyun said as the tears continued to flow. Taeyong looked up at him with a bright, genuine smile on  his face. 

They heard a shout from upstairs, sounding a lot like Mark, and stood up. Jaehyun helped Taeyong walk, making sure to avoid any injuries he had. The pair hobbled their way up the stairs, being very careful to avoid any of Jung's men.

Jaehyun peeked around the corner and smiled. Mark and Donghyuck were being complete idiots with the guards, giving Jaehyun a foul proof escape to the door. A voice stopped him in his tracks.

"How could you, Jaehyun?" Doyoung asked as he leaned against the door to the outside. Jaehyun glared at him and let go of Taeyong, making sure to put him in a safe corner of the house.

"What do you want, Doyoung?"

"I don't want anything. I'm just following orders."

Jaehyun crossed his arms over his chest. "And what are your orders?"

Doyoung smirked at his former lover. "To kill you."

Doyoung was fast, but Jaehyun was quicker and before anyone even knew it, Doyoung was pinned to the floor. He kicked and yelled from under Jaehyun's muscular body, but only Taeyong noticed how his free hand slipped into his belt.

"Gun!" Taeyong yelled out, and Jaehyun moved to the side, just as Doyoung pulled the trigger. The bullet flew through the roof, and Doyoung scowled. Jaehyun kicked Doyoung's hand, causing the gun to go flying. Taeyong was only a few feet away from it, so he mustered up all the strength he had and crawled to get it. When he peered up again, Doyoung and Jaehyun were locked in an intense fist fight.

"Jaehyun!" He yelled and waved the gun in the air. Jaehyun nodded at him and punched Doyoung a bit harder, making him fall back. Jaehyun ran to Taeyong and grabbed the gun, quickly aiming it at Doyoung's head.

"You wouldn't, Jaehyun. I know you wouldn't." Doyoung said as he shakily got to his feet, his mouth dripping blood.

"You could never kill me, because you still secretly love me. Just come back to me." He begged. Taeyong glanced at Jaehyun, he knew the boy wouldn't pull the trigger.

"I love yo-" Doyoung fell to the ground with a thud and a bullet through his forehead. Jaehyun's eyes widened in surprise and he looked at the hand over his own.

Taeyong smiled sheepishly and shrugged. If you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

Jaehyun didn't have time to think before Taeyong grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the door. They made it outside and ran to the car waiting outside for them. The two threw themselves into the backseat, right next to Donghyuck, who was smiling like an idiot. Mark was in the driver's seat with the same stupid grin on his face.

Ten was next to him, but his expression was solemn. His eyes were glassy and he kept swallowing like he was fighting tears.

Taeyong tapped him gently, and Ten turned to him, immediately hiding his sadness behind a smile.

"I'm glad you're okay, Taeyong."

Taeyong shook his head, "Where's Johnny?" That question grabbed everyone's attention and Ten was now in the spotlight.

"We couldn't get to him. There was too many people coming after you guys, but it's okay!" Ten tried to reassure them, but his eyes were dull.

"C'mon Mark, drive." Ten waved his hands and Mark looked at him with concern.

"No, Mark don't. They'll kill him, Ten. No fucking way are we leaving him." Taeyong said before running out of the car, everyone yelling for him to come back.

___________________________________

1237 words. Holy fuCk. I have the ending written out, and I would like to apologise now (: